Monday, November 24, 2008

7:30?

So this weekend I went up to Mt. Sac for the CIF Southern Section Cross Country Finals. It was a great race and so fun to be apart of the enviroment again. The girl I coached previously did great as well. She finished 11th overall and 3rd individually, so that means she is also qualified to race at state in Fresno next weekend! She was excited and it was great to see her hard work pay off.

Secondly, I guess in the spirit of racing and all those amazing philly finishers, I was feeling a little speedy yesterday and my workout consisted of 5.25 miles at a 7:30 pace. Yea, it was pretty fast for me, and when I was on my way back home I was running at 6:58 pace for about 10 minutes. I don't know what got into me, but it was good to feel like I could run fast again. Also, it's finally getting colder here, which is nice. I mean cold being 65. :) I wore my leggings and my great jacket I purchased a while back from Target. It's still great and I love their C9 stuff.

Tonight is another Amp'd Abs class and then another 20-20-20 workout. I'm going to record the class again. I did it twice this weekend and my abs are very sore but I can defanitly feel it working and I have found that I really like taking the classes at the gym. They help me break up the monotomy that is working out sometimes, and the encouraging by the instructor is also very helpful to me. If you are a member of a gym, try one out, or you can even do a video! I am the winner of the Dancing with the Stars video giveaway, so I'll soon have a report on that, and how it worked or didn't. :) Hope everyone had a great weekend, and if I ever get my email back up, I'll get some new deals coming your way.

xoxo

20 comments:

Felice Devine said...

What a super pace! Nice work. I love running when the temps are in the 60s. I miss those days...

No Longer Using said...

SWEEEEEET that's awesome way to speed-it-out! :) what are some of your favorite moves from Amp'd Abs?? ohhh 60 degrees... in my dreams!!!

Julianne said...

Great job coaching the cross country runner! How exciting that she's going to be racing at State!!! ;-)

Omg, and you have gone Speedy Gonzales on us! Yay and great job!

BeachRunner said...

Great job Coach. You are one speedy chica.

Marlene said...

Incorporating fitness classes has eliminated all the boredom of cross-training. I used to hate it, now I'm hooked!

Kick butt at Amp'd Abs today!!

Billy said...

Hey now...slow down a bit there sister. Can't have you passing me in races! ;)

Aron said...

wow that was one SPEEEEEDY run!!! awesome job!

and so exciting about coaching!!!

Nikemom said...

Way to goooo Coach!

Happy Thanksgiving!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Jeez you are fast! Have a wonderful week!!

HangryPants said...

7:30 - wow!

Anonymous said...

What great speed you have. Awesome job! Leggings in 65 degree temps, you make me smile.

How wonderful that the girl you coached did so well. She must have learned a lot from you.

N.D. said...

Great job on the speedy run!! The target jacket sounds nice. I like going to gym classes too to break things up. I love being sore the next day after that too :) All depends on the instructor!

J said...

That is great that you got to see the girl you coached! And you get to coach a girl!! SO lucky - I am thinking about getting into coaching after I graduate!!

I am sorry Mr. R made fun of you! He is not very nice! Alphabet dates are cool! The way I got B-rabbit to get into it is that I promised to go Golfing for the G date!! lol plus he loves me paying for dinner! hehe

ps I also love C9 from target!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I am going to have to check out the C9.

ECrunnergirl said...

Congrats on that awesome pace...Im jealous! Going fast does feel good doesn't it??

Nice job for your friend who did well in the cross country finals...that is also so rewarding for both of you!!!

Liana said...

your blog is very cute! but the banner and your pic make me want to get in shape!! maybe you'll encourage me :)

X-Country2 said...

Look at you rocking the pace! Great workout and congrats to your girl. She had a great coach. :o)

Tutu B. said...

Ampd Abs sounds awesome!

I am now purchasing that Nike hat after your reviews. It will be perfect here in Illinois! It gets pretty chilly!!

Candice said...

I definitely want to try a class at the gym I just joined. It's encouraging to hear that you like yours so much.

The day I bought the Jillian Michael's DVD, I had actually set out to buy the Dancing w/the Stars one. I'm glad I got Jillian, but I think I might ask for DWTS for Christmas. I can't wait to hear what you think!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run!! What a pace!!