Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Poppin' with Deliciousness + Pictures + National Running Day!

Today could quite possibly be my favorite day of the year and I'm filled with joy. Well the best besides my birthday in October, it's




Hooray! Tonight I'm going to put in some recovery miles. Though running Monday was a little rough, I definitely think it has allowed my soreness to go away. Tonight I'll be running a little bit probably a nice little 2 miles out and back. I'm excited to run tonight and then to start working on my speed for the upcoming San Fransisco Half July 26! Remember, if you want to start running, go slow, and take your time. Running is to be ENJOYED!

I think during training I got a little overwhelmed with the schedule and got really burnt out. I have missed just getting in miles and working on fast miles, and got tired of running for anyone else besides myself. I know that I've learned my lesson and I know that getting in more miles will make me much faster as well. I can't wait to go on a relaxing long run this weekend in San Luis Obispo!

Yesterday I got some sweet 'official' race photos from San Diego this past weekend. Normally I thought there would be a lot more pictures taken on the course, but there was one spot at mile 22ish, which this gem was taken:

And then we have the lovely finishing photo. Don't worry the clock tells lies. My chip time was 4:28, since I crossed the finish line earlier than the clock said. I'm not lying to you people! Yet, I am kind of bummed that the clock reads that in my finishing pictures.

Though I'm not too totally jazzed on these photos, perhaps the woman in the black in front of me ruined them, they aren't the worst so whatever works I guess. I am still waiting for my medal picture that I must see. At least I look like I'm running in these two pictures. There is one that I look like a crazy race walker. Obviously I didn't post it. :)

As for a sweet review that I totally must tell you guys about, the wonderful and delicious Pop Chips. They sent me a sweet package to review (and since I work in advertising, I have to give them MAJOR props on their marketing and packaging) and I'm not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical. I love me some "baked" chips and didn't really know what to expect when eating these "popped" chips.

For me, they felt like they almost have the 'I want to be a ricecake' mentality, but were thin little round chips. Excuse the horrible picture, but this is about how thin they are. They are crispy and not greasy at all. I have seen these in the stores and just never bought them because they were a little more expensive than the other chips, nor am I one to try something that I don't already know. Perhaps I am a creature of habit? Anyways, I took one bite of these and they were delicious! They have much, much more flavor than a regular potato chip and they aren't weighted down with salt and artificial flavors. I didn't feel like a greasy little piglet after. Major bonus.

So they look a little different than chips, but they taste different too, much better. I even had my co-worker test all the flavors with me and he really enjoyed them, even enough to buy them as well. Mr. R stole a bag and I told him he could only eat them if he also contributed to my review. His response when I asked them how they were via text? " BOMMMMMMMBYYYYYYYYYY" Good one. He is now a convert as well, and I saw some bags in his cupboard. I really like the Salt and Pepper ones but all the flavors are really tasty. They are just lighter and better than other chips that I've tried, hands down. Their only downfall is that their bag is a little bit smaller at the grocery store and they aren't the cheapest, but at the same time, sometimes I have seen some deals on them, in which I've stocked up.

It takes a lot for me to pay full price for anything, including food at the grocery store, but I would pay full price for these. I know, I know, sounds bad that I won't pay full price for food, but remember I live in CA. It's expensive. Their taste and nutritional info is outstanding and I felt like I was actually eating a healthy snack instead of just getting some chips that were loaded down with unhealthy ingredients. Next time you are in the super market, check them out, they are delicious and worth the extra .50 cents.

So get out and run and then eat some Pop Chips, or at least visit their site Pop Chips. You won't be disappointed if you try them, promise!

Tomorrow will be some sweet running deals! I am already excited planning my next outfit for my next race. Well I'm already excited for my next race. I openly also admit I'm a freak.

xoxo

37 comments:

Girl Meets Beau said...

Love that today is national running day!! Gives me even more motivation to kick my run up a notch tonight!

Your pics look great!! You're very photogenic, even while running - which I'm sure is hard to do!

Aron said...

first of all, i want your legs. we were discussing them all weekend :) haha.

second i am annoyed there werent more photogs too! i wanted a pic running with you!

third, yay for SF!!!

last, SLO!!!!!!!!!! why are you going there??? thats where i went to college <3 <3 best place ever. have fun!

Marlene said...

You are looking mighty fine for 22ish miles!!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

yep... I am coveting your legs as well... yummy.. ;)

your pics are so cute. I always always hate my finishing pictures.. there was on once at a marathon in Utah that I liked, it was taken at mile 18 and I was in the Canyon with the mountain side behind me... so pretty.. I look lame but I hade to buy the photo. I actually look like my twin sister in the pic, we are fraternal.

No Longer Using said...

GREAT PICS!!! esp that first one. i love that they took them looking down!!! and you are smiling!!! :) gooooo recovery miles!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to ask you about your shorts? I love them! I have looked at them in the store but worry about chaffing/rubbing and other stuff I don't enjoy in the heat of running. Are they true to size? Do they give you any greif?

The Shabby Princess said...

Yay for National Running Day! I got in my 5.5 miles before work today.

Have so much funning running in SLO--that's my home turf!

The Shabby Princess said...

Um, that was supposed to be "have so much fun running". I can't type.

Alisa said...

Sad, don't think I'll get to run on National Running Day. Stuck at work until 9:00 or 10:00 pm.

My race photos are pretty terrible too. It soooooo annoys me that the clock time is off! Glad I'm not the only one annoyed at that!

P.S. I agree with Aron, can I have your legs? =)

Chocolate & Chants said...

You look good in your pictures! And I love pop chips! They're so good.

jlc said...

You are TOOOOOO sweet!!!!! Your card was absolutely the most thoughtful thing ever!

Haha I'm glad I now know i was born on a national holiday. Sweet!


And you need to stop looking so lovely in all these running pics!! i never look like that when i run :)

J said...

You may think you are a freak, but I know we all think you are great!! Sometimes a bad outfit can ruin the race pictures. Let me tell you I had one of those last summer. Not my best look!

Hope the run is fun tonight!

Nicole said...

Love your pics!! You look fantastic and remember to smile in them!!

My photos always look terrible!!

montisse98 said...

Awesome pictures! And Happy National Running Day!

joyRuN said...

NICE pics, girl! Your legs look a MILE long in them :)

Atrusni said...

Popchips?? Interesting, not the type of food I thought you ate!! Great marathon pics!! I always look quite damaged and bad on my race pics!!

web.me.com/amaurydeleon

Marathon Maritza said...

I love pop chips! Too bad I've already eaten all my calories for the day. Fack.

NY Wolve said...

Great running pics. The ending pic story is familiar. My parents tell people I finished my first marathon in 3:54 (because that is what the pic said.) Uh, no. It was actually 3:45. And he said what is the big deal over nine minutes?

And I love Pop Chips too. Taste kinds like Pringles.

Nicole said...

Love the pics girl! Can't wait for sweet deals tomorrow! I hope you find some spandex for me! wooot woot! :)

Susan said...

Your pictures look awesome! You look like a happy runner who is actually RUNNING...with a smile on your face!

B.o.B. said...

LOL! I hate it when the dang clock time is slower than my actual time. You could always photoshop...not that I have ever done that... also, will give the chips a try. thanks for the review!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you look super happy in those pictures! can't even tell you were having any trouble at all!

Meganerd said...

You look awesome in you marathon photos lol.. esp. for being at mile 22?! I would be like hunched over with a red face and sweat beads dripping down my forehead.

How do you do it!? lol

Marcy said...

It looks like a starting line pic. I can't believe how good you look after all that. I always looks like death at the end of every race LOL

kristen said...

That one picture is really good. You look strong and happy. I agree with your finish foto. If it's not your time you don't need to see it, plus the lady in black wasn't looking 'as strong' as you.

Thanks for the reveiw. I'll try them.

Glenn Jones said...

Those are great photos! You look nice and strong there at the finish!

Anonymous said...

Your race pictures came out so good. You look so relaxed and refreshed in them!

chris mcpeake said...

NRD rules .. great blog. Congrats on the marathon. Race pic looks pretty good. I never look that energetic at the end.

Tara Gibson said...

your race pics are great girl!

Newlywed Next Door said...

OK so I actually like both of those pics! Look at you, all pretty and smiling away! I'd look like death.

P.O.M. said...

Ok, those are the best race photos I've seen hands down!!! You look great.

Running? What is that? I have been sooooooooo slacking. What the heck is wrong with me???

X-Country2 said...

How did I know your race pics would look like that? Smiley and perky for the whole 26! :o)

Anniversary Moments said...

the clock is from when the first racer started, so unless you were at the very front of the pack you're time won't match the clock - by the sound of it, it took you almost 3 minutes to cross the starting mat which sounds right with the number of people racing....still, it is annoying that the finishline pictures never show actual time....i guess that's incentive to be fast enough to be closer to the starting pack.

you looked fantastic at mile 22...i hope i can say the same thing about myself during my first marathon in san fran this fall.

carpeviam said...

They look delicious! I'm totally trying them! Thanks.

E said...

Congrats on San Diego. That's an awesome pic!

I LOVE pop chips! My fave is the BBQ. :)

kymberli q. said...

You look freakin' awesome running a marathon! I dislike you. Not really. ;)

Meredith said...

I'm worried about you running this soon after the marathon. You should wait at least one to two weeks to run AT ALL after the marathon to let your muscles repair themselves. Be careful out there.