Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome to my bano.

Remember the home tour I was taking part in? You know, the one that showed off my kitchen, dining room and living room and the 'guest' room aka my roommates room and then I realized I don't have much of a house left after that? Well they've been busy doing offices, baby rooms and rooms that don't exist in my house, but today I can participate again! Today over at Kelly's Korner its bathroom day!

This is the entrance to the bathroom. Our bathroom is super tiny but we've never actually had any problems with it or getting ready in it. It's also the only bathroom in our home.

Here's the shower, I love the archway that is over it, and it's all tiled. Our shower curtain is black, shocking, I know. We have these cute little crystal shower curtain holders which I really like too.


Here's the inside of the shower and yes, that is a little rubber ducky. I found him randomly in a drawer and we put him in the shower when we moved in. He's stayed there! I love the tiling in our bathroom, and it's a shower tub, but I thought taking excessive pictures of the tub would probably bore you.

Then turn around and you'll see our sink! It's a pedestal sink and I really like that as well. We have one medicine cabinet above it, and the towel rack as well. That tealish thing in the mirror is actually a window that pops out.

This is the little hanging sign that is above the hand towel rack in the picture above. This sign cracks me up. It's funny too because I LOVE making my hair big, especially after a few drinks, it just keeps growing for some reason. I saw this sign and had to get it. Plus it was like 72 cents at Target.

Then you can look directly to the toilet from the sink! Told you our bathroom was small!

This is also where the bathroom gets a little weird. Not surprisingly, our bathmat and toilet mat are black, but if you notice where the toilet paper is, on the other side of the sink? Yup, it's along reach so we got a toilet paper stand. And yup, there is a heater right next to the toilet as well. Oh well it works out, but I have heard some guys say that it's a pretty tight fit in there, which makes me laugh.

Last weekend was the Bachelorette party that I went to in San Luis Obispo and it was incredibly fun. I'm so glad I went, but I was super bummed that I left my license at home. We were going wine tasting. STUPID, but it was TOTALLY something I would do. I told my two best friends and Mr. R and they weren't surprised at all. Luckily two wineries still let me taste (the shame!) and two didn't, but according to everyone, I tasted at the two best wineries. It was gorgeous weather and so much fun. We also went out to a bar that night, and they even let me in with my school id (yup, four year old picture!), some credit cards and my insurance card that had my birthday on it. Double Bonus.
The hostess younger brother and his friend drove us around (and enjoyed it! They were the BEST) and at the last winery, where everyone else was drinking, they took me to 7-11 and bought me some Smirnoff ice, I chugged it while in the parking lot sitting in the car. Don't worry, I wasn't drinking while the car was in motion! The chugging them was a stupid idea, but it was hilarious sitting with them and waiting for the girls. Then we got out and I jumped over some plants? It was strange but super funny. Then I got heartburn from drinking them too fast. Then we went home and watched Twilight and dang, Robert Pattison, I was never attracted to you and never saw what everyone was hooting and hollering about, but sign me up on the stalker train now!

And here is the lovely bride to be! I will just call her Sunwalk, since that is my nickname for her anyways. She is getting married NEXT WEEKEND! I am so excited for her and I know she will make a beautiful bride and their wedding will be gorgeous. Mr. R is in the wedding for her soon to be husband, so perhaps I'll post some pictures for you wedding fiends after that wedding. Sorry, I don't know why the picture is so dark. There are tons of other pictures from the weekend, but I haven't gotten them yet, so perhaps more might show up at a later date. :)

This weekend my only goal is to kick this sickness I have into 2010. Oh, and I'm getting a haircut. Well trim. I'm super anal about getting my haircut every 6 weeks and it's been almost 2 months. I can't wait. I have some stuff going on on Saturday and Sunday, I think I will go look at some new home options for Mr. R, since he is moving late July. New home in CA means very overpriced apartments. Though Mr. R feels safe in all locations, I don't! So we'll see what he has found. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is able to get your run on. I wish I could be running but breathing through my nose is out of the question. Yea that whole post I did this week about my training schedule... see things like this happen and you can't stick to the schedule. Meh! I'll be back on the streets soon, as in running on the streets soon. :)

xoxo

26 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the hair sign! So cute!

LyndsAU said...

Even though it's small, your bathroom has so much personality. I love the decor you have up. And i love the archway into the shower!

jaime said...

I love the tile in your shower :) I'd love to do halfway-decent tiling in our shower. Instead it's almost a mustard color.

And my hairdresser has that sign in her shop. It makes me smile every time I see it!

Mrs. Realife said...

I LOVE your apartment... totally reminds me of my last apartment in VA Beach -- Clearly built years ago, but has so much character and offers the opportunity to be so trendy - love it --

Are those drinks your holding SMIRNOFF'S!?!? I LOVE THOSE! or... they could be "Mojito's in a Bottle" as Mr. R likes to say :)

X-Country2 said...

Ah, Smirnoff Ice. We've been through so much together. :o)

B.o.B. said...

chugging smirnoff's is never a good idea, well at least until AFTER you do it! cute bathroom, love the big hair sign.

btw, the adidas shorts i ordered from your last deal day are super cute! love that the shorts underneath are like little bike shorts and not granny panties.

Billy said...

what the hell? that's a crazy bathroom. wow.

and uh...smirnoff ice? think I'd rather drink my own urine.

Good luck going "back to the streets". haha.

Lucky in Love said...

Hope you feel better soon! Have a great weekend!

You in the backseat with the Smirnoff cracks me up!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Your bathroom is super cute! I love the sign above the toilet!!

and the smirnoff ice actually made me throw up a little.. oh smirnoff ice.. you sure did torture me in college! ok- high school. busted.

Marlene said...

Sooo funny that you were chugging Smirnoff Ice in the car. My days of chugging ANYTHING are over. It's like I turned 25 and suddenly I'm a sipper, or a puker! Argh.

Anyway, sounds like a fun weekend overall.

GET BETTER!

Michelle said...

Cute bathroom! And that little sign about the hair...so funny!

cozystyle.blogspot.com

kristen said...

You sound like a fun drunk, er - I mean girl. Your hilarious. I'm glad you got to enjoy at least a couple wineries. i can't belive the bar let you in with an insurance card. Too funny!!

Aron said...

SLOOOOOO <3 <3 <3 my fav place on earth :)

I got my haircut last night! twinsss :) It had been A LOT longer than 2 months though, eek. it feels so short now. Must get back on track to regular trims! remind me ok?

feel better soon!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

What bathroom is complete with a yellow rubber ducky?? Love it!!

And the tile is really pretty, too!!

Alisa said...

That hair sign rocks!

Who needs a heater in a tiny bathroom in soCal...maybe in Minnesota?! =)

Cute pics!

J said...

I love that bathroom sign!! So cute and from target too at such a great price!!

I am always afraid that I will forget my ID too.

Anonymous said...

I gave you a blog award today! You can check it out here!

Meredith said...

Your sick because you're not letting yourself recovery after your marathon. You will continue to get sick as long as you do not recovery. Take some time off and do NOTHING.

Christy said...

Love it! So cute..."the higher the hair, the closer to God"...priceless.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I'm laughing at the visual of you chugging Smirnoff Ice in a parked car! Classy, my friend. ;-)

Actually, that bathroom of yours is really neat, funky TP holder and all; I like the tile!

Anonymous said...

I love the tile and the bathroom has a lot of character. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lynn said...

Just found you through Kelly's blog. I really like the archway above the shower, it shows character in your house. This is my first visit...you are so cute! Enjoy your single years....

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom is so cute - SMALL - but cute!

ilovesteaks said...

LOL @ Billy... just don't drink his lemon-lime Gatorade!

Where do you put your legs when you sit on the throne???

Anyways, get well soon! So you can get back to training for a good race in LB!

Pandesaldreamer said...

I ran into your blog, compliments of L.A. Runner and I must say you are an inspiration to me! I'm getting back into running after sooo many years. Thanks for blogging your journeys b/c it helps motivate me to get out there and just go. I'm training right now for the Nike Marathon in SF and nervous as hell as this will be my first marathon. Half though. Not full :)

Unknown said...

I know it's an older blog post and probably isn't even checked anymore, but amazing pics, and I hope that you are still running! If you are ever in the VA Beach area again, we do hair and are right on Shore drive (you have probably done a marathon here before). Shearblissvb. com come and get your hair done, we do all types of haircuts and styles!