Friday, May 8, 2009

Mi casa es su casa.

So as I said yesterday, I was going to jump on the bandwagon over at Kelly's Korner and for photo Friday I wanted to show some pictures of my house. Well it's not so much a house, but more of an apartment. One of my best friends that I met in middle school and I live together. I have really loved living with her and I absolutely LOVE where we live. We live less than a block away from the beach and also less than a block away from a ton of cute boutique shops and restaurants. It's a super fun and young area and I love living with my roommate too. We live in an apartment built in the 1920's and when we walked in, we both immediately fell in love with it. There are so many unique features that we both love and it has so much charm, like all the cupboards don't close! :) It's so cute though and has really cool sconces, arched hallways, all wood floors and high ceilings. Last week they did the kitchens and I missed out so I thought I would start with the kitchen and then work into what they are doing today, living rooms! :) Enjoy!

This is on one wall of our kitchen. It used to be an ironing board pop out, but then I guess at some point it was converted to a shelving section? We love it though, and the cute little cupboard underneath? That holds around 50 shot glasses. Hey, were are still young! :)





This is our kitchen basically. It's very small but we don't need much room. We live off of eating macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese and edamame. As you probably noticed we don't have a dishwasher. At first I thought this was going to be horrible, but when you don't eat a ton of food, it's not that bad. Also, we keep saying we are going to put a curtain over our trash bag section/cleaning section under our sink and we never get around to it. Notice the cupboards. Yup, they don't stay shut. Notice the Hello Kitty Toaster, which I posted about how great it works here. A toaster is a toaster though! :)




Here's the other side of our kitchen! ha ha, the stove looks old and it's a little kooky but let's be honest, we don't use it all that much. Yup, some more cupboards that don't stay shut and all our cool magnets. The fridge? I posted what was in it a while back, Check it out and don't judge me. :)




Now This is the table and 'booze cabinet' That little built in cabinet holds all our hard alcohol, you know, to go with the shot glasses. The table we got at Target and the chairs are from Ikea. I really like the table and it is a great addition to our house. Sometimes my roommate and I sit at the table and eat our lavishly prepared grilled cheeses here.




Here's another view of our table in our little mini dining room. I seriously love the chairs. Also you will probably notice we have a TON of windows in our little home. It lets in great light during the day but these pictures were all taken at night.




This is the room leading off from the dining room, and our den/living room. Those pillows are like a little dachshund, which my roommate has two of that live at her parents. That huge frame? Those are all pictures of us throughout middle and high school. It's kind of embarrassing. We keep saying we are going to move that little frame holder to the dining room, but alas, perhaps I will do that this weekend.






One of my favorite parts of the place, that little window on the door OPENS. It's hilarious. This little table we found at an 'alley' sale by our house along with two of those lamps. It was an alley sale since very few people have garages where we live. We keep our keys on the table and that picture is of us in Cabo, Mexico in the pool. It's one of my favorite pictures of us.





Here's pretty much our entire living room/den area! We have the ottoman, the entertainment center and the couch. The ottoman is COMPLETELY full of my roommate's DVD collection. She is amazing at collecting DVDs. You can also see my other favorite part of the house, the 'fireplace'. It's just a sculpture on the wall, but I love it. It's so cute, strange but cute. Since it's usually just her and I, we don't need much seating or room.





Here is my pride and joy, my 42' plasma flat screen tv and the entertainment center that I just got. It's from Ikea and I was so impatient to get it put together that I put it together over a three hour time period until 1 am one night. It was a lot of hard work, but I love how it looks and holds some of our DVDs and my Wii.





Here's a close up of the fireplace. We keep saying we are going to hang the mirror somewhere, and the letters. In due time I guess it will happen. We just need someone to help us girls! Anyone, Anyone?


So that is my kitchen and living room! I hope you all enjoyed it.


The run I did last night was pretty much the craziest thing I have EVER done and it included a swim... in my running clothes. I want to give a full recap, but I am hoping that someone will post some pictures soon so no detail is left out.


Have a great weekend, tomorrow I have my last 20 miler before the San Diego Marathon. I can't believe that it's getting so close and how excited I am feeling. I am going to try out more of my new gus on my long run and that will be the true test of them. I will write up a review of them soon!

Also, you should go on over to The Southern Social and vote for my 1st date outfit, just because you love me, but if you don't vote for me at least pick the one with the green and blue because that one is second best. :)


xoxo

48 comments:

Rachel said...

I love all the charm and character of old houses.

Also, you're crazy for all that running! LOL!

P.O.M. said...

I love it girlie!!!! They have some really cool mirrors at Pier 1.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your place!!!! especially the dining area...I heart the green chairs :)

jaime said...

I love it....I especially love the entertainment center. We have a flat screen and it's on an old coffee table. Don't want to hang it on the wall (have no patience to hide the cords) and we haven't really gotten motivated to find a decent ent. center for it! I'm going to post my living room later :) Too fun!

Niki said...

Cute apartment!! Can't wait to hear about your crazy run!! Good luck on your 20 miler in the morning!!

Marlene said...

Your place is so cute! I think it's adorable that the cupboards don't close, and I laughed out liud when I saw that you still have the Hello Kitty toaster. Too funny!

I'm dying to hear more about this little episode last night. Come on!

Girl Meets Beau said...

How cute!! Love the fireplace! And I love your different color chairs in the dining room! How fun!

Girl Meets Beau said...

LOL! I know!! Like they say, great minds think alike ;)

Ellen said...

What a cute place. I love all the details like the glass shelves and the cool fireplace.

J said...

Good luck on the 20 miler! You apartment looks so cute! Have a good weekend! Can't wait to hear about your run!

Liana said...

i love your dining set!!

maria khoury said...

your place is cute! makes me really excited to move and decorate my new place

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love older houses. They're the best! I did this last week and will be doing it again today... I guess I should clean my living room huh?!

Love the faux fireplace and those awesome dining room chairs!

X-Country2 said...

ADORABLE! That's exactly the type of place where I'd picture you living. :o)

Plus I love the letters. Lauren and Audrina had an LA in their apt, and I always thought that was so cool.

Heather said...

Cute house pictures - looks like a very charming apartment. Good luck with your 20 miler!

Candice said...

Your apartment is so cute! I absolutely love old houses (and apartments!). I really like those green chairs in your dining room. I wonder if ikea still has them. We have a dining room table that will go in our formal dining area in our new house, but we need a small table and chairs for our breakfast area. I think those would be perfect!

Good luck with the 20 miler - The last big push!!

Oh, and I voted for you!

Simply Me said...

your place is awesome!!! :)
new follower too yaaay

Ms. V. said...

Your house is adorable, and it is so you.

Love that door. My Grandparents lived in San Marino and that door reminds me of their house.

Amy said...

I like how you both have your initials that can hang up.

LOVE the TV! Looks like my fiances. It's gotta be big or else!

Meaghan said...

Wow your place is AWESOME :) I wanted to tell you I started swimming laps in prep for running. Not ready yet but soon...very soon...and any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Marci said...

Cute apartment and adorable outfit. I voted for it.

loqi said...

OMG - I tried to buy that entertainment center at Ikea in Philly before I moved, and they were out of stock! So sad since I had already convinced my husband that we needed it. It looks awesome, maybe if we make the trek to Ikea (which is now 3 hours away) we will have to keep that on the list...

Cute apartment! But it sounds like the best part of it is a great roommate. :)

JenZen said...

What a cute blog!! Love it! Just browsing and came upon your post. LOVE the dining room and those chairs are to die for!

Anonymous said...

Omg your place is adorable! I love it!!! I think my favorite thing is the table & chairs (un-matching pairs, Love love love them)! veryyy fun :)

jlc said...

I LOVE those green and b&w chairs!!

What a great job you did!!

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for your trash area. Just buy a cheap spring rod (in the curtain section about $5- or less) and a little curtain, it will make all the difference and hide your trash :) the rest of the place is perfect!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I live in an old house and while they are "special" in challenging ways sometimes you really can't put a price on character and cuteness! LOVE those IKEA chairs. Might have to copy those :)

Alisa said...

Sooooo cute! Are you sure I can't bring an airmattress and come be beach bum this summer? Blocks from the beach....what's not to love.

No Longer Using said...

so cool! like cribs! hehe. niiiice i love spontaneous things like swimming in running clothes, tho i've only done it once...

Kristen said...

cute apt and it sounds like it is in a great location!

cute kitchen chairs!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Your apt is so cute!

Natalie D said...

What a cute apartment!! It really looks like you - love those chairs! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I haven't been able to keep up with you! But I do want to go back and read all that I've missed! Soon!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog- come back anytime! And thank you so, so much for your sweet comment.

Denise said...

You're place is adorable...very cozy!

RunToTheFinish said...

wow your last 20 is tomorrow...mine is next weekend, just think I have alllllll week to think how great it will be :)

love the dining room chairs

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment! Your place is so cute! I love the fireplace!!

Nicole said...

I love your house! So cute! The chairs are awesome. Whats this contest your in? I for sure voted for you-- your outfit is MAD cute! SOOOO jealous :) :)

Krista said...

There's nothing like Old California architecture! I also live in an old apartment a couple of blocks from the beach. Mine isn't quite so cute, though! I love what you two have done with a small space.

KIMBERLY said...

YOUR APARTMENT IS SO QUAINT! I LOVE ALL THE LITTLE PERIOD DETAILS! TOO TOO CUTE! THANKS FOR SHARING! BLESSINGS!

Ryan K said...

I love the 20's! Your place is adorable! :)

Shoshanah said...

Your apartment is awfully cute! I especially love all the martini glasses

Glenn Jones said...

Cute place Danica! It has a lot of charm. I love all the little touches that you wouldbe hard pressed to get in a place these days.

Lindsay said...

love your place - so cute! and clean and tidy :) hope the 20 miler went well!

Billy said...

Sweet place - I dig that door and your plasma in particular. Of course, hardwood floors are always sweet too. Great place Danica - let's work on refining them culinary skills however beyond just the grilled cheese/mac n cheese level! ;)

mk said...

Hi, I came across your blog randomly. So cute. Do you know when your house was built? It reminds me a lot of a house I lived in when I was very small.

o2bhiking said...

Good luck in the SD marathon. I did that one in 2006 and it was so much fun - great memories from it.

Cute apartment!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Cute pictures...I love your dining set, that is awesome!

Marathon Maritza said...

So cute!! I ♥ places with this kind of charm!!!