Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Housekeeping + Randomocity

Said in a Tommy Boy Chris Farley character voice of course.

So I've been getting tons of running questions lately, which I will answer soon on a post but I have to tell you, I'm not really anything more of an amature myself! I will answer them to the best of my ability and let you know how things worked on a personal level, and what motivates me though. Stay tuned for that post, I'm thinking early next week.

I've also gotten some personal questions as well about my job and what I did in college, like classes I took, what my major was etc. Well besides party like a rock star, perhaps a little too much, I'd love to talk about schooling too! :) That will be in another post coming up soon, I am thinking perhaps Wednesday of next week! :)

Danica @ Danica's Dailies is having an Annie Mac and Cheese Giveaway ---> Travel here to enter but don't because I want to win!

I also have some reviews coming up of Youbar, popchips, vitalicious vitamuffins, and honesttea... I think I'll start posting reviews on Saturday.

As for some thoughts on the Biggest Loser last night, I really have no words. Michael in the words of Mr. R needs to, "cut the cord". He is the biggest baby on the show and went home and fell back into his old ways of caring about other people and not putting himself first. I think Tara and Helen should definitely battle it out against Ron because Ron has no chance of winning. Call me evil, but that's my personal opinion. Tara and Helen deserve it more, according to my personal thoughts on the manipulating Ron. I feel like he would have killed someone to get his son to the finals, and I don't know how he's going to do once the 'game' is over. I was really impressed by them running a 'full marathon', especially with the last section over sand? Who does that to someone. It was cool to see the other contestants from other shows come out too. I can't wait to see everyone next week at the finale!

As for me, I've got a nice eight miler tonight after work. These past two days I've done a few shorter distances (read: 3 miles) and yoga and now I'm SO sore from yoga. I forget how running only gets you 'so far' in weight loss and being in shape but I'm going to start working in more weights and yoga into my routine once the marathon is over. It's almost "taper" time, though I'm pretty sure I've been tapering for the last month, so I'll try to hit up the gym a little bit more!

I am still insanely looking for the perfect race day shirt. I thought I had found one this weekend but alas, it's too large on the bottom and a little to tight through the shoulders. I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

I also have some Tory Burches up for grabs if anyone wants them. I bought them this past weekend and can return them if no one wants them but they are just a wee bit small. I know there are some Tory lovers out there though, and wanted to give you a shot. They are size 6, and brand new. I got them for $80 and if you want them you just have to pay $80 + shipping and handling. They retail for $295. I want them to go to a good home and am so sad to part with them. :(

Look out for some deals coming your way tomorrow! :)

xoxo

34 comments:

Danica's Daily said...

Wow - I get to be the first to post! so cool! LOL.

I absolutely completey agree with you on the Biggest Loser - like you read my mind. Great minds think alike, right? :) It must be something with the name.

Thanks for the Annie's Mac and Cheese contest shout out! good luck!

Marlene said...

I am totally rooting for Tara!

LEW said...

oooh PopChips and honest tea (local company for me!!!) are two things I LOVE! (oh and Annie's mac and cheese, of course).

good luck finding that perfect shirt!

Anonymous said...

Adorable shoes. I'm totally rooting for Tara, a sub 5 hour marathon for someone who wasn't even really training for it is pretty awesome. I totally cried when she crossed the finish line!

Amber said...

You're so right about running only getting you so far. I thought I was in the best shape of my life since I ran a half-marathon last weekend. Well this morning I tried to do level 1 of the 30-day shred and I couldn't even do 10 pushups in a row!!! I felt so weak and pathetic. I'm now going to start doing more weights and yoga along with running too!

Leslie said...

i totally need to do MORE than just running. its rough though when you are in training. I feel like I should ALWAYS be running. I have to work on that.

I would totally take the shoes from you. I heart them. I am a 6.5/7 size though. Tear. Where did you get such a good deal? I am in the market for some Tori's!!

Unknown said...

Wow you have some tiny feet! I feel like my 8.5 feet are gun boats next to you:p Love those shoes though! I know that running only gets you so far but you can always wish that it'd get your further? lol...I need to hit the gym more too, everyone keeps telling me to do yoga to lengthen my muscles so I might need to try this.

Anniversary Moments said...

1. BL: agree with you about Ron, but I do have an issue with Helen, way back when the pink team was up for elimination I feel like she sold out her daughter and it didn't even consider allowing her to stay..not very maternal, so I just can't get past that...which means I guess I'm rooting for Tara.

Watching them do that marathon inspires me even more for the SF Marathon I just signed up for and intimidates me a bit.

2. Adding weight/strength training will make a huge difference - maybe add in some cross training - a swim once a week for even better lung capacity and passing oxygen through the body.

3. LOVE those Tory Burch, if only I were a size 6!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Cute shoes...I don't wear flats though :)

Unknown said...

Super cute shoes, don't think I can cram my size 10 feet in them unfortunately:( I thought BL was pretty good last night. I've gotta give Ron credit for walking for over 13 hours, but I want Tara to win!

Alisa said...

My size 11 feet are sad those are so tiny.

I'm really looking forward to marathon training being over and getting back into all the other forms of exercise I love...like weights, yoga, dance classes and spinning.

Denise said...

Cute shoes!! Too bad I'm a size 9!! Don't think I could squeeze into them!

Sarah said...

well your short run is my normal run.. I usually do 3-4 miles. Hoever I have to walk a small part in the middle or I feel like my lungs will burst any suggestions

J said...

I really enjoyed the Biggest loser last night and I am glad I happened to tune in last night. I was so happy for Tara for finishing the marathon! She really looked great when they showed her at the final miles! I kinda hope she wins!

Unknown said...

Did you see the reactions of Bob and Jillian when they were told about the marathon? They were both like, 'that's an f'in crazy thing to do.' They weren't wrong, 26 days to get ready for a marathon isn't really smart.

Mojito Maven said...

YAy team tara!!!

And I totally agree with you. Running (or swimming in my case) was never enough.

LyndsAU said...

I am rooting for Tara for sure :) She's gonna look amazing at the finale.

I wish I could have those shoes but they are a bit too small for me :(

The Shabby Princess said...

Cute shoes!! I have big feet--waaaah.

Niki said...

I need to be better about strength training too! My upper body is so wimpy! Ha! Love the shoes, if only they would fit me:(

Run, Bitch! said...

Tory is my HERO!! Love!
But I have big feet :( An 8 haha!

-Erin

Aron said...

well our feet def arent twins, you have a tiny foot!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

love those shoes!! but i have big 'ol clown feet. boo.

jlc said...

Size 6!! Oh I wish! My big (size 9) feet wouldn't fit into those tiny adorable shoes!!


Parting is such sweet sorrow... espesh when it comes to shoes. :(

Good luck on the shirt!!!

Run For Life said...

I agree about BL and thought it was great they all completed the marathon. I really hope that Ron and Mike are able to keep the weight off once it ends (of course, all the others too.) I just think they might slip more than other contestants.

Love the shoes but I just bought a few pairs myself so my shoe budget is zilch right now.

Nicole said...

if that was a size 8, i would for sure take those puppies off your hands!

i'm not really a fan of helen. she sold her daughter out way too soon in the season and i'm not about that. i would rather tara win.

Xavieirsm said...

Bon dia!

I've yet to watch The Biggest Loser so I'm completely out of the loop on this one.

Another shoe whore? Yeah!

I'm training for another half marathon (Oct).

Like I always say, "Shoes are far better than sex...you can never fake the purchase of a great pair of shoes!"

*CHEERS*

massage momma said...

I agree with you on the Biggest Loser, too. I'm so sick of the whole Ron/Mike thing. I ran my half-marathon shortly after they did theirs and I told myself I had to beat Tara's time (I did!) and now when I sign up for a marathon I'll have to beat her marathon time. Little mind games that I play! :)

The shoes are super cute! Unfortunately my size 9s will not fit!

Becky said...

I am DYING for those shoes, but they would never fit. Where on earth did you get them for such a deal???

Unknown said...

I have to add to the chorus of 'Go Tara!' I mean, come on. She's won almost all of the challenges. She looks freakin' AMAZING. And I like her spunk and even her slightly-too-large ego. Ron should have been gone a long time ago!

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

The shoes are ADORABLE. My feet are too big. You lucky small foot woman. ;)

and I think Tara will win. That girl has so much "Mind over Matter" kind of mentality, it's amazing

Blog Lady said...

I didn't follow The Biggest Loser this season but I did catch this past episode. I can't wait to see who wins and I think I'll start watching that show regularly. It's great for inspiration!

Heather Johnson Durocher said...

Whoa, heart those shoes like crazy. The pic stopped me in my tracks. :) Alas, like others before me, my size 8 feet prevent me from snatching them up.

So true about the need for other exercise...looking forward to a summer session of yoga myself. As for the weight-training, I fail at sticking with any plan for very long... :(

Sarah Ring said...

Damn - I wish I was a size 6 - I'd snatch those flats right up!!

bri said...

I know I'm probably WAY late on this, as I just stumbled upon your blog, which I LOVE BTW. I used to run forever ago and attempting to start back up again :)
Anyway, I'm a 6/6.5 so I think those might work - do you still have those shoes? I'm still catching up on the rest of your May posts...