Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Three sleeps

There are three more sleeps until I will be running in San Diego! I decided to celebrate this by getting an Egg McMuffin on the way to work today. I possibly might do it again tomorrow. Don't judge me.

There's just nothing like starting off your day with 300 calories of pure amazingness. Tonight I'm going over to my grandma and grandpa's house for dinner too. I can't wait to eat some good home cooked meal that my grandma will make me, I'm especially hoping for some mashed potatoes. Last night I had a sandwich for dinner while crying and watching Jon and Kate + 8. Seriously, did they have to take it to that sad level? On another note, I really need to learn how to cook!

I really have nothing to write about this week besides the fact that my mind is consumed by the last six miles of this race I'm doing this weekend. I finally found a shirt that I might wear, but who knows, I'll probably just stick to my blue one that I have been wearing on my training runs. I searched in vain for a new pink one but had no luck at all. Mr. R about killed me this weekend on the 'hunt' for the shirt. There were some options but they were all too tight, too short, too expensive, too baggy. Can someone please invent an inexpensive, cute dri-fit clothing line? Thanks! I would really appreciate it.

I will be running my last five miler tomorrow morning and then I have one more three miler somewhere in there between now

I want to do some product reviews but I cannot type for some reason. My mind is so blank, but luckily I don't have the marathon insomnia that some of you speak of. That would really put a damper on my evenings. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 and in no way am I ashamed of that, but I did dream that we had an earthquake and I don't know if it was real or not.

Wow, I think that 'tapering' or for me, not running, has taken it's toll on my mind. I guess this is what they call 'taper madness', dreaming of earthquakes and eating McDonalds? I'm in!

xoxo

PS. Kymberli of Webbed Foot Photography put up my 'slideshow' of pictures from my photo shoot that we did together. If you want to use up three minutes of your life looking at pictures of yours truly, check out her blog. It's the last 'video' under the latest pictures she put up. Press play and enjoy. She is amazing and seriously, if you need a photographer around Long Beach, Orange County, or LA, check her out. She works WONDERS.

26 comments:

Jocelyn said...

EKK I'm excited to run in SD with you! Maybe the earthquake dream is about how you are going to rock the marathon so well that the ground will shake? "I feel the earth, move, from under my feet..."
Now I want McDonald for breakfast...I might, just MIGHT have to join you on that.

Sheila said...

Well, I like a nice egg mcmuffin sandwich, although I can't remember the last time I had one. Wear the blue shirt you've worn in training. I personally don't wear anything new for a marathon. If you wear a new shirt, it could end up chaffing you or causing problems on a run as long as a marathon. Better to wear a known, comfy shirt that you know won't cause problems at that distance. That's the standard wisdom.

It's very exciting to be doing your 1st marathon. I can't wait to hear how it went. You will have a great time. :)

Jenn said...

I think wearing a shirt you love to run in is the way to go! Plus if you're sick of it you can write your name across the front (and your blog URL across the back??) so everyone cheers and it will be your official race shirt!

And then you can get yourself a new shirt as a reward :)

Susan said...

So close! I definitely ate a lot of crap (I mean...awesome food) during the last week before my marathon. I somehow survived, and I'm sure you will too.

Anonymous said...

Egg McMuffins aren't too bad! I also cried during Jon and Kate--too sad.
Gluck on your last 5 miler.

JenZen said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Just a few days away now!!! Whoooohooooo! LOVE the pics - so great! (especially the Garmin - great advertisement). :)

I know - Jon & Kate was just sad. I almost felt guilty for watching - like it was too personal.

Niki said...

3 more sleeps! How exciting!! I am so looking forward to your race report! I know you will do awesome! I am with everyone else in saying you should wear the shirt you've been wearing!!

Jon and Kate- so sad:(

Marlene said...

SO EXCITING! Glad to hear you are sleeping well - despite some crazy dreams that may or may not be dreams - ??

Enjoy the McMuffins!

Aron said...

SO SOON!!!! its going to be so fun! glad you are sleeping, thats a good thing!

too bad you couldnt find the pink shirt :( i have a fun pink one just like your blue one. if your blue one is the same blue i wore in eugene?

ok so what is all this sadness i keep hearing about from that show... i dont watch it but i am curious, can you let me know?

X-Country2 said...

Three more?! That'll be here so quick.

You need my pink Nike tunic that I wore last weekend and will race in again this weekend. It was recommended by a very lovely Chic Runner during one of her Thursdays when she WASN'T knee-deep in taper maddness. :o)

J said...

So exciting that the marathon is so close! You are so ready for this and i am sure that it is going to be a great experience!

Glenn Jones said...

Whew - glad you're back - even if it is in crippled form... Damn those Go Daddy girls!

Egg McMuffin! Sausage McMuffin with Egg - now there's where it's at. Ever wonder how I got my nickname?

Don't stress too much. You'll do fine. Just remember - start slow, and once you've started and feel like you're running slow, slow down some more.

Wish I could be there! Looks like Long Beach is my next one....

megan said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos! You have a beautiful smile!

And, how do you get your hair to do that? Is it just a big-barrel curling iron? Love it!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay, for your photos! You are absolutely beautiful! You could be a model! Good luck on your race!

The Shabby Princess said...

Yay for your marathon!! I know you will do awesome! Can I tell you how much I love Egg McMuffins? I recently developed slight gluten allergy, so I can't eat them unless I want to be sick (sometimes it's worth it) and after a race on Monday, my husband wanted McDonalds breakfast!! I just had to sit there all sweaty and hungry with my Diet Coke. Fail.

P.O.M. said...

Three more sleeps? Kinds nerve-wracking when you put it that way.

After your marathon stress is over you and your roomie should just pick a fun recipe and practice cooking for eachother. Cooking for oneself isn't so fun (hence the reason I've been living on Subway lately).

I won't scorn you for the Mickey-dees. But you know I feel about that.

PS - stick with the shirt you wore on your training runs!!!
xoxo

PSS - as soon as I get a table I will have ya over for a homecooked meal and wine.

Wearing Mascara said...

I am so excited for your marathon and to hear all about it! :-)

LOVE the pictures! xoxo

Nicole said...

Okay first of all.. i started off my day with an egg mcmuffin too. yum. it was pure amazingness

second of all, your going to rock SD and the last six miles just think shoot i've went this far, what is 6 more! you can do it girl!!!!

Unknown said...

I love Nike Dri-fit socks...have you ever tried them?

Ronnie

Oz Runner said...

jon & kate was depressing....it seems like kate is more all about wanting the celebrity life and jon just wants it all to go away....no wonder there are so many divorces in hollywood, the stress must be incredible....

Leslie said...

i love the slideshow! those pictures turned out so great! have so much fun this weekend! i am just as excited about my first half marathon! yay for running races!

i may join you on the egg mcmuffin bandwagon as well! gotta carb load somehow!

it is everlasting said...

I love that you titled this post "three sleeps." That is how we explained how many days for the kiddos I nannied. Only 2 more sleeps... hahaha. I can't believe your race is this weekend and I am SO excited for you! :)

Oh and eat some Mickey D's for me!

Candice said...

I love the slideshow...you look absolutely beautiful in all of those pictures.

I'm so excited for you running your marathon this weekend! You are going to be so awesome! Good luck finding a shirt. A lot of people say you should wear something for several runs before you race in it to make sure it doesn't do anything crazy, but I have to say the evening before my marathon I went out and bought a brand new shirt! ha! Also, I forgot my favorite running shorts (absurd that I did that) so I wore brand new shorts as well. Risky, but it payed off for me. No chafing or anything! Apparently it doesn't always end up that well though, so be careful.

Way to go for getting sleep too! Get lots of extra sleep the next couple nights. They say that you won't be able to sleep the night before the race, and it was definitely true for me. I just was so excited and I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I think I might have slept a couple of hours the night before.

I can't wait for you to get to run!!

Shannon said...

Don't worry about the last 6 miles of the marathon, you've been training so hard you'll be fine! If you do get to a point where you feel like you can't move anymore just remind yourself "I've been training for this for MONTHS and there is no way in hell I am going to give up now!!!"

Michelle said...

GOOD LUCK IN SD!!!

Your going to rock the marathon out!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

Becci said...

Sometimes we just need a little McD's, and that's OK!!!

I love your pictures, she managed to make the big, clumsy Garmin look glamorous!