Monday, May 25, 2009

Gracias! Danke!

Blogging on a Holiday? Yup. Don't be surprised. I got a new baby laptop and I just had to give it a test drive. I'll be blogging about it sometime soon but thus far it's amazing and I'm in love with it! Some ladies have given me some awards and I wanted to give them a shout out for their kind words. I truly appreciate and enjoy reading every one's comments and encouragement, especially about the upcoming marathon.

Shopaholic Confessions
Julie

and


Brandi




gave me the Queen award!


Toronto Girl out West




gave me the Renee Award


A Glimpse of the Girl Next Door gave me the One Lovely Blog Award (send me the link to your blog and I'll link you! Sorry I couldn't find it on my new computer :( )






and Mrs.GI Joe
Gave me the Charming award








Thanks ladies. I don't think you all realize how wonderful it is that people find me to be an running inspiration or funny, or whatever you think. I'm glad that I have all you "in" my life, and just as much as you like reading about my failed runs, my home, my life and my exercising, I like to read about yours!

This weekend I did an eight miler and it was poopy. Not figuratively but literally. I seriously think that Gus make me poop. Too late to really work with figuring out what works the best for the marathon but there are porta potties along the route! Other than the bathroom break the run was great, I felt really fast and just cruised along. I am getting excited for this weekend! I can't believe it's approaching so quickly.

Other exciting things that happened this weekend was my roommate graduated! I think I'll post some pictures on Foto Friday. I also have been searching for the new perfect shirt for the marathon, but haven't had much luck, but today I am going to continue my search and lay out by the pool and enjoy the sun! Good luck to everyone who ran the LA marathon and did any type of Memorial day race.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day! Remember all those who have fought for our freedom.

xoxo

23 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Poopy runs are the worst. I had a bought with that last week, and although it was bad on many levels, I did realize that I can kick out a sub 7 minute pace at the end of the run with the correct movitation. :o)

Abbie said...

Yay for new computers. I could use one. Thanks for the shout-out, lady!

jaime said...

My husband uses the Cliff Shot Bloks, in case you can try one this week before your race. They're more natural and organic, and are supposed to be easier on the stomach. (I use the sports beans and power bar gels.) It's definitely not fun to be this far along in training, only to realize that something isn't quite working!!

Mrs. Realife said...

You. are. clearly. loved! :)

I'm working this wonderful Memorial Day... but I'll get Friday off :)

Let me know how you like your new comp. My husband is looking into getting one!

Anonymous said...

I hate runs when I feel like I need to find a bathroom asap. Have you tried Hammer Gel? I have found HG easier on my stomach than GU.

ShutUpandRun said...

I had a poopy weekend too, literally. Left some presents in the bushes. Just so you know you're not the only one.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Your poopy comment made me spit out my Crystal Light onto MY new mini laptop! lol. Actually it's just a netbook. WHat kind did you get?
The Southern Housewife

Katelyn said...

I found you by Ronnie's blog. I used to run 5K and 10K but fell off the block. You've encouraged me to get up off my tail and use the legs I've got.

Can't wait to read of your run!

-Katelyn

Marlene said...

Boo to the poops. Have you ever tried taking Imodium? Probably nmot great for you, but sometimes I cheat and take 1 or 2 before a race. NEVER have to go.

Nicole said...

boo to poopy runs.

two thumbs up to a new cute baby computer. can't wait to hear about it and see some pics!

SOO jealous!

i bet your getting stoked for SD this weekend! i'll be rooting for you!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Ugh, poor poopies...

I don't do GUs. I drank a Muscle Milk b4 my run today.

Congrats on all the awards! Ur a rockstar!

Jenn said...

OMG i had my first poopy experience a few weeks ago when I tried Sharkies instead of my normal Gus. I know they're supposed to be all natural and organic, I suppose my body just prefers digesting chemicals?

The only thing that saved me was I was 2 minutes from my cousin's house. I don't know what I would have done otherwise!

The Boring Runner said...

You may actually be eating too much gu at one time for your little frame which may be possibly causing your *ahem* issues. :) The sugar rush is sometimes a problem for me. Maybe just try to eat ½ and either throw it or save it for later or something?

Billy said...

I just threw up a little.

Congrats on your new computer. Always exciting. I don't have a problem with Gu's - not sure why you do. Sorry bout the 'poopy run'. Not really actually - I thought it was pretty funny.

Mozel Tov to your friend!

Unknown said...

The day I can run long enough to actually take a "poopy" break will be a great day!!!!

Ronnie

OhMyLaughter said...

I've been following your blog since the winter. I'm not sure HOW I missed the fact that I should have read the Oh So Important Post: "Why I Came Back to Running." But,I read it for the first time yesterday. (And told all the girls I blog with that they HAD to read it too...)

YOU.ARE.AMAZING!

Hope you have a good week as you prep (mentally) for the marathon. You're so there physically!

Manderz said...

I saw an awesome Nike shirt this weekend. It said:

Does this shirt make my butt look fast?

It was cotton so not a great idea for your marathon but still an awesome shirt in my opinion!

Jocelyn said...

Can't wait to see you in SD!! ahh its coming up soon!

A Toronto girl out West said...

You're most welcome!!! You know I think you and your blog are fabulous!!!

PS: I'm going on vacation tomorrow so an early GOOD LUCK in San Diego!!!! You'll do awesome! :o)

Denise said...

I hate poopie runs and have far too many of them!! Why don't you switch it to beans or bloks for the race? They seem to be much easier to digest.

Just Me said...

Im not going to lie.. seeing the insides of people's fridges who are actively working on nutrition and fitness interests me, so I tag you.!! Check out the correlating post http://nikesandponytails.blogspot.com/2009/05/you-are-what-you-eat.html


Kristina

Heather Scott Partington said...

Just watched the complete slideshow... beautiful! Who on earth would know from those pics that such a normal looking lady would post about the aftereffects of the gu? LOL

Unknown said...

Hey girl! So I know you have a TON of followers and blogs you read but I would love it if you could find your way over to my blog and comment on my most recent post...I'm hitting a really bad low in my running and need some advise. I want to improve but don't really now what I'm doing wrong or what I could do better...I have an email addy on my profile if you'd rather go that route...Thanks in advance if you get this comment and come my way:)I'd really appreciate it!