Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Better yet..

So I didn't realize how sore I was until Monday evening. I was SORE. Like hold on to the wall when you sit down to go to the bathroom sore, grimace every time you get off your duff sore, don't touch my legs or I'm going to kill you sore. Yea, it was pretty bad. I was starting to wonder if I was going to be able to do the half this upcoming weekend. If it wasn't for the last two hard miles I put in at the 1/2, I would have been totally fine, but yea, the 6:15 mile killed me. I stretched, and decided that Tuesday morning I was going to go out for an easy jog.

Well at 6:00 in the morning it's freezing, and I hate, nay, loathe being cold. And my freezing is around 50 degrees, I know I'm a baby. So I bundled up in my sweatpants from Wal-mart (extra classy with the elastic around the foot) and my Cal Sweatshirt I got on sale from Kohls for five dollars, put on the hood and tied it down good so that it wouldn't slip off. (I guess I'm not that Chic, I just looked homeless) and went out.

WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU TELL ME TO DO THIS EARLIER! Maybe it's just me but when I came back home, I was feeling 10,000 times better. My medical knowledge things that because I was super warm on my run, it warmed up my muscles and made them feel better? Yea, I lack a lot of medical knowledge. Now I'm feeling better and ready for the weekend, I just hope it's not bone chilling cold or the beloved "santa ana" winds decide that they need to gust up some more fires over here.

So besides giving my race report I forgot to report on the Long Beach goodie bag. Oh wait, that's right, there's nothing to report because it was horrible! What were they thinking. The only thing I got out of the bag was some Clif Blox, (which I'm addicted to now and can't seem to get enough, they are like gushers for adults, I'll write more later) and a free chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a (another great place I'm addicted too, try it if it's around you) but seriously, it was the lamest thing ever. The t-shirt is pretty cool, but now I'm into being warm and it's cold out, so a small little dri-fit isn't going to cut it unless I make a trip to the gym to get my swell on with the rest of the meatballs there. Okay so not everyone at the gym is a meatball, but maybe my gym is just special that every guy in the weight section is ripped out of their mind and seemingly wearing tank tops that expose most of their body.

Today I found this super cute watch. Yes, another Coach Product, but hello, pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Photobucket
It's called the Coach Lexington Watch and is a super pricey item at $398. It features a pink snakeskin band and mineral crystal face with Coach's logo. If you weren't sold at pink snakeskin, how's this for a reason to buy: Coach will donate $100 of every sale to breast cancer research.


If you haven't heard of Emergen-C, you are missing out, and they have also gone out to support Breast Cancer Awareness by adding a new flavor, Pink Lemonade to their many already delicious options.
Photobucket
Their website put it best, Pink is not usually associated with power, but that was before Emergen-C got a hold of it. We've packed a yummy pink lemonade flavor with 1,000 mg of Vitamin C, plus energy boosting vitamin B, along with minerals and electrolytes. 50% of all Emergen-C's Pink's profits are being donated to the Keep A Breast Foundation. (http://www.keep-a-breast.com/) I've personally bought a box of this stuff and it's delish, Emergen-C is AMAZING when you are getting a flu bug or sniffles, just drink four packets and you'll feel so much better. You can also get free samples on their website if you want to try out the Emergen-C family of flavors.


Smashbox
Cosmetics also has a Pink Power Palette out right now.
Photobucket
The limited-edition set includes two portable mirrored palettes, each with three eye shadow and lip color shades, plus a mini double-ended brush. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Young Survival Coalition, an international nonprofit network of survivors and supporters dedicated to the issues unique to young women and the fight against breast cancer. Super cute, for those times when you know, you aren't running and actually have to look presentable! You can purchase them here.


Lastly, I found this sheer pink color by OPI called Pink of Hearts.
Photobucket
It's OPI’s second exclusive Pink of Hearts Nail Lacquer. The 2008 Edition is a full-of-life light pink. In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, OPI will make a donation of $25,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. To support research and treatment in Canada, OPI will make a $5,000 donation to Rethink Breast Cancer. Chic, chic, chic, and can be found at most beauty supply stores and places that sell nail polish.


So now I guess I'm already three days away from my next half. Should go well, but I am trying to go for 1:55ish this time. Also, these were the races I'm looking at for the upcoming months. Anyone have any interest in any of them, or have experience with them?
December 13th, 2008 - Rose Bowl Half Marathon and 5k


I'm only really set on the Surf City, Wine County and the San Fran, but the other ones would be fun. Can you tell I'm addicted? More cool stuff Friday!


xoxo

17 comments:

Marcy said...

That watch is cute! Unfortunately the only thing that I can tolerate sitting on my wrist is a Garmin HAHAHA

Aron said...

looove all the pink :) will have to try the pink lemondade! yum!!

i ran the SFM full (i have a full race report on my blog)... its a TOUGH race but i loved it. if you do the half there are 2 to choose from which is awesome too.

Mojito Maven said...

GREAT job on your run and good luck this weekend!

No Longer Using said...

I love EmergenC! The pink kind is the only kind my sister will drink :)

so glad the run helped you out. i've DEFINITELY rocked out that outfit,... sweats with the elasticked ankles?! heheh hells yeah.

No Longer Using said...

I love EmergenC! The pink kind is the only kind my sister will drink :)

so glad the run helped you out. i've DEFINITELY rocked out that outfit,... sweats with the elasticked ankles?! heheh hells yeah.

No Longer Using said...

oooops...?! double your pleasure, double your fun. hah. didn't mean for that to publish twice. ohhh well.

audgepodge said...

Fun! I've been eyeing the Smashbox palettes but I definitely need to cut back on the amount of make-up i've been buying lately. The OPI pink color is so pretty!

BTW - I ran the 2nd half of the SF marathon last year which is where I got a PR. Nice and flat but not as interesting as the first half of the course which usually sells out first.

cons said...

Holy crikey, that's a lot of pink.

I ran the Surf City 1/2 two years ago (came down w/ the flu last year) and I highly recommend it. I also did the SF Marathon a couple of months ago and PR'd there so I def recommend that too. Also, if you these 2 races, you'll get that special California Dreamin' medal (since you already did LB).

Can I also recommend that you purchase 'The Stick' for your aches and pains? It made a world of a difference for aiding me in my recovery from long/difficult runs...

Billy said...

oops - that above comment was from me. My sister apparently didn't log out after using my computer..

Anonymous said...

I love all the pink stuff, especially the watch. I agree with you the goodie bags were horrible. There wasn't anything to it!

Glad to hear the run helped work out the stiffness in the legs. Good luck this weekend.

N.D. said...

Glad the recovery run went well!! Love all the pink items too. your race schedule sounds great coming up!!

Brooke Hughes said...

I love that watch! its super cute. So, do you like the Emercen-C's? (Im sure you do since you put it on your blog) Ive been wanting to try them, but dont want to waste my time if they dont really work.

Steve Stenzel said...

Wait...wait...wait... Are you telling me that they still make sweatpants with the elastic around the feet?!?! Holy crap! I NEED TO GO TO WAL-MART!

j/k.

Hope you're not as sore anymore!

Mojito Maven said...

you did????? Crap, I'm so sorry, life has been a mess lately! BUT thank you!!

BeachRunner said...

Way to work through the soreness with a nice recovery run. Good luck this weekend.

Marathon Maritza said...

Glad you are feeling better!

I got that watch for my bday last year, so I have a black band. I heart it!!!!!

And the OPI nail polish? Must. Have. It.

P.O.M. said...

Love that pink OPI. Looks like we'll be doing 2 races together!
Surf City Half Wine and County Half. Very fun races. Do you drink wine? I totally need a wine drinking buddy AFTER that race.