Thursday, October 2, 2008

VP?

So in honor of tonight's Vice Presidential Debate, I try to find out as much information for each candidate that will be featured in the debate tonight.
Photobucket
After going to my researching source, google.com, I found nothing on Joe Biden at all. I found our more about his platforms and beliefs, but nothing on if he works out or not. I found out that his wife, Jill, works out by jogging 3-5 miles a a day weekly.

Photobucket
Sarah Palin on the other hand has become some sort of insta-celebrity overnight, with all aspects of her life being scrutinized, and for good reason, including her exercise routine. This allowed me much more information on her. I mean, if I have five kids, you are darn right I want to look like that!

The Wall Street Journal wrote an article on her fitness which she said started at a young age from her her parents being marathoners and high school track and cross-country coaches. Her husband, Todd, also an athlete have made fitness a family thing. Palin says, "Conventional running is my sanity," Before giving birth to her son in April, Palin was running 7 to 10 miles almost every day but when pregnant, she switched to aerobics classes at her gym.
In the summer, when it's always light, she'll sometimes run as late as midnight. In the dead of winter, when it's dark, she sneaks in an afternoon run, or else grudgingly runs on the treadmill at home or at the gym in the evening.

As for her workout gear she is running in 20-below temperatures so she wear layers of fleece and always a good outdoor waterproof trail shoe. She currently is running in Nike Air Structure Triax. She also says she always wears sunglasses on her run, "My kids tell me to put them on so I don't freak people out when they see me with a goofy hairdo and no makeup."

For post workout food she says nothing, she just drinks water.
She ran in Humpy's Marathon and finished in a time of 3:59:36. The Wall Street Journal Article where I got my information can be found here.

So this entry wasn't meant to sway any one's opinion either way, but just to take a look at the fitness information, or lack of information of the two who will be debating tonight. Now onto other random things :)

For all of you that live in the CA, AZ, or NV states, you are lucky. You are lucky because somewhere in your state there is my new store, Fresh and Easy.
Photobucket
I am obsessed because it's like Trader Joes but not so hippy like (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it's modern and neat and has a great selection of food as well. There is one on my way home from work and the other day I picked up basil tomato sauce, tortellini, garlic bread and a bottle of wine for ten bucks and fed myself and my boyfriend. It was really good as well. I would advise you to check out their website, Fresh and Easy, and look in your daily throw away mail because they also have 5 dollars off coupons if you spend twenty dollars or more. They have a great selection of food, produce and meats and cheeses, and also have great prices.

Also Footlocker has these great Adidas SoftTouch Pants on sale, in Fresh Green/Dark Indigo combination. They are normally 54.99, and now on sale for 19.99. These are the same pants that were featured last week but in a different color.
Photobucket You can find the pants here

Lastly, I have found these great really cute shorts by Nike.
Photobucket
They are also on Footlocker, and are normally 49.99 (for shorts! What?!) but now on sale for 19.99. They are lightweight, woven short with Dri-FIT® technology featuring a crepe liner for moisture control and comfort. They have a color binding for a style that doesn't interfere with performance. Nike+ media pocket with tactile click wheel dot is located at the right side hip. Secure internal key pocket. They also have a little screen print and reflective dot heat transfers at lower back leg. The shorts can be found here.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. I'll be going at it next weekend. My goal isn't a time, but just to complete my first 1/2 Marathon. Crazy that it's finally here. This weekend I'm off to Palm Springs to celebrate my birthday. :)

xoxo

8 comments:

Aron said...

i saw an article about her running and marathon too and loved it! not that it influences anything but like you said... having 5 kids and working full time and still running that much - pretty awesome!

have a great weekend and a AWESOME birthday!

Julianne said...

Wow, I had no idea she was a marathoner! Good to know, though! Fresh & Easy looks awesome! Too bad there are no stores within 100 miles of my zip code. :-( Oh and I am definitely gonna go get those Adidas soft touch pants. They look so comfy!

Oh and happy early birthday! I hope you have an excellent time in Palm Springs!!!

Felice Devine said...

Happy birthday! Have a great time this weekend.

BeachRunner said...

Happy birthday. Enjoy your weekend.

Marcy said...

I didn't realize she was a runner! Still doesn't change my opinion of her though (I didn't say good or bad :P) LMAO!

Have a fabulous weekend!

joyRuN said...

Wow - 3:59:36? After all those kids? Impressive. Enough to be VEEP? I still dunno.

Have a GREAT birthday weekend!!!!

N.D. said...

Oooh. That food sounds yummy. Too bad we don't have that out east! That's neat S.P. runs - that is my goal time, 3:59:59 though. Good for her. Interesting info!

E said...

Happy happy birthday! I'm going to try out that Fresh N Easy market.