Friday, October 31, 2008

BrewHAHA!

So tonight I will be supporting my boy's football team for the big game. Any injuries, and he's on the field! Way to go Athletic Trainers! Tomorrow we might go to a party, but we'll see. I have been caught down with another little cold, and I'm trying to get better as quickly as possible. You see I've never been one to be really great with the whole snot rocket thing while running. Not that I have a problem with the idea, or even doing it, I just can't do it properly, (believe me I've tried quite a few times) and always just end up with snot all over my face, shoulder, shirt, etc. Enough with the goriness... but hey it's Halloween right?

This morning I was going to get up and go for a jog, but it was raining, and I didn't want to make myself more sick than I already was. I did look outside, and though I complain a lot about living in the people infested area that I do, this was just gorgeous...

Photobucket
Sometimes seeing one of those just puts you in a great mood in the morning, doesn't it? Since I seem to be all about posting pictures and it's Nike Mom's T.g.i.f photo friday, this is my favorite Halloween card, EVER, hands down! I seem to get it every year, and I just love it
Photobucket
So funny! And maybe this is even funnier... I've talked about my dog, Cassie, before, well here is finally a picture!
Photobucket
She's half Dalmatian, and half black Labrador. What a little loving bee! :) She's the queen bee of the house, that's for sure.


Anyways, hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween. I am going to get out and run again tomorrow morning, and if it's raining I'll hit up the gym dreadmill. An easy five, with another 4 on Sunday, that one at about 8 minute mile splits. Trying to get the speed back up for the Long Beach Turkey Trot and Chicken Chucking Contest 5k/10k I am hoping to do on Thanksgiving, and then the Quench The Fire 5k in Long Beach on December 7th.

Here is another little recipe I found that I'm going to make after my run tomorrow morning, the bananas are a good source of potassium after a long run.

Brewhaha Chocolate Banana

Ingredients:
1/2 cups low fat chocolate milk
1 ripe bananas
1/4 tablespoons peanut butter (go for the low fat kind if you are watching your weight)
5 ice cubes

Place the chocolate milk, bananas, peanut butter and ice cubes in a blender and process until smooth.

Very little calories, and banana is super good for you after a run.

Happy Halloween all my lovelies! And check back on Monday for some great election freebies.. (yes free food if you vote!) and some more running gear! Remember tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the giveaway. Don't miss out, sign up here!!!

14 comments:

Julianne said...

That Count Duckula card is sooo cute! Haha. Hope your cold goes away soon... It's raining up here, too!

Marlene said...

Wow, that sky is beautiful!

Yeah, I can't do snot-rockets either. Maybe that's a good thing. LOL!

Hope you feel better, and thanks for the recipe. YUM!

LyndsAU said...

that card is so cute but your dog is even cuter :) my little shih tzu will be a bumble bee tonight :)

N.D. said...

That's really pretty!!! I can't snot rocket either. It's gross but I use my sleeves! Hope you have a great halloween!

Jenn said...

Love the card and dog costume. Dogs dressed up are my fave thing this time of year.

That smoothie sound delish!

Brad, Jenna & Riley said...

hey Dan i'm also doing the turkey trot. just the 3 mile though i'm not like you and nicole. lol. see you there.

Anonymous said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. I can't snot rocket. I never really tried, but I know I would just make a mess.

Billy said...

A huge weakness of mine = banana flavored ANYthing! And that just sounds positively delightful.

Gotta try it one of these days..

No Longer Using said...

mmmmmmmm shake sounds amazing!!! is that enough PB to taste it after its blended? (i have had this prob before and it's frustrating cuz i don't want to put too much in to not even be able to taste it, boo!) :)

feel better!!

ECrunnergirl said...

Cassie is WAY too cute....my dog Bailey is fo shiz king bee of the house.

Sorry to hear about the cold bug....I'm trying very hard to dodge it myself right now as some of my students are sick.

My running buddy cant blow snot rockets either. It just takes practice...ewww!!!!

Marcy said...

That recipe sounds GOOD!! Thanks chica!

Love the pic of the doggie. What a doll :-)

shannon said...

hahahaha count duckula! that smoothie sounds amazing.

Laurel said...

I love the card. And your puppy is adorable!!!

P.O.M. said...

I am queen snot rocket. ha ha. I guess that's not really a good thing. Debating on diong the Turkey Trot 10K. I did it 2 yrs ago - so fun. I will see if the Cap will drive me. I hate driving myself :)