So today I did something pretty crazy. I signed up for the Nike+ Women's half marathon, the weekend, yes, 7 days after I run my first 1/2 marathon of my life I will be running another one. I'm going to do it virtually, so I'll just run it by myself along the beach, exactly how so many of my training runs were done. I figured, well I haven't really stopped training, or even tapered for this upcoming race, and it would just be like me going out for a long training run the weekend after. It's not like I'm running for a time in the first race either, just a finish. Nothings going to change. We'll see how this all turns out.
But I have an honest confession about signing up for this Nike+ Women's Half Marathon. I did it for the finishers key chain designed by Tiffany and Co. Another bonus is that I get a t-shirt. I love Tiffanys, and I love free clothes by Nike, so $45 dollars later I've decided that I'm going to really tired in two weeks.
On another note, Martiza tagged me in 6 random things about me and gave me this lovely sticker. I also have to tag 10 more people that I want to learn about.. hmmm :)
Precious! Anyways, so six random facts about me, since I know you all are little stalkers at heart.
1. I was adopted at the age of 2 to my parents. They adopted me straight from the hospital, but it took a while for the legal stuff to go through, and ever since then I have also celebrated my adoption day, which is like a second birthday that we call Koo-Day because of my last name. My younger brother was also adopted
2. I schedule all of my runs based on when I need to wash my hair. This sounds disturbing, and it is disturbing if I actually let myself sit down and think about it, but most of the time I run one morning and then the next day I run in the evening so I don't have to wash my hair overnight.
3. I got my dog a black lab Dalmatian mix, Cassie, by breaking 6:00 in the mile. My dad said if I ran under six minutes I could get a dog. I ran a 5:58 my junior year of track, immediately called my dad and his response was, "Uhh, okay, I guess we are getting a dog then."
4. I hate lettuce. I have never eaten it and have tried it doused in dressing, with chicken, with tons of my favorite stuff and I just can't fathom eating it because it tastes like grass to me. My dad taunts me and says I'll never be a true lady until I eat salad, my best answer is that if God intended me to eat salad, he would have made me a rabbit.
5. I hate eating or making anything with my hands, which another weird fact is that they are ridiculously small! My hands are the size of a small child's and my feet are only size 6, weird for my height of 5'7". So anyways, if my hands get dirty while making a cake, or brownies, I'm constantly washing them. I hate it when they are sticky. I use a bazillion napkins when I eat a cheeseburger or chicken strips because between each bite, I have to wipe my hands. This is an even bigger problem with fries!
6. I recently had a screw put into my jaw and got a fake tooth in the back of my jaw. It's because my 12 year molar on my left side never came in, along with my wisdom teeth. Missing all together. My friends like to think it's because I'm weird, but I think it's because I'm a super evolved human. Those wisdom teeth just get taken out anyways right?!
And these are the lovely bloggers I tag! (Since we are all friends sorry if you got tagged more than once!)
3. Mojito Maven
4. Legally Blonde Mel
5. Girl on Top
6. That Pink Girl
10. SJ Goody