Monday, October 27, 2008

Sore...

So Sore! That is all I have to say. I went to the gym and did a ton of sit ups, needless to say, my hip flexors have been so incredibly sore all weekend that I didn't run. Not that big of deal since I wasn't planning on doing much running this week after my two 1/2 marathons over the past two weeks, but now no more excuses, back to the grind this week! Starting with a few more speed work outs too, not fun, but must be done!

It's been abnormally hot here these past few weeks, and I want the fall to come! I am also looking at moving out of the place I currently live, into a closer location to work and closer to the boyfriend. Also if I move out that way, the running trails are MUCH better, and there are lots of cool spots to run that I know about from when I was coaching.

If you haven't seen the new Nike Berrylicious Collection, um, it's pretty much my new favorite thing! You can see it as the highlighted collection on Running Warehouse! I also found these cute purple shorts on super sale. They were $28 and now are $9.95 which means you save a whopping $18.05. Pretty good sale if you ask me.


Photobucket

They are a soft microfiber short with a comfy low-rise fit, (I only wear super low rise shorts) and are pretty short too, which is easier for some to run in. They have a reflective front logo, V-notches at hem let you move freely, and the important inner key pocket. They are made by BOA and you can pick up a pair here.

Also this weekend, I traveled to Target, and wandering the aisles lead me to the jacket I've been looking for the past few trips to Target. I usually do this thing where I see something I like, and then if I see it again and still like it, then I buy it because I know it's meant to be. Well I saw this jacket and decided I wanted it, and then went on a hunt to get it... It took me like six different Target wandering sessions to relocate it, and I was so glad when I did! I adore it!


Photobucket

You can see it here. It looks pretty boring in the picture,but it's not, I promise! It's only 19.99, is by C9 by Champion for Target. It's long sleeved and has Duo Dry to speed up evaporation and keep you dry and warm. It's so soft and the back of it is a very fine mesh, so that it keeps you super dry. It also has a 1/4 Zip Front Closure which I love in running jackets. The price and material are great, so I had to scoop it up! I looked at their running spandex pants, and they had a good selection, but they were mostly fleecy inside, and where I live I would be sweating like a beast in those, so therefore I returned the pair I got. Anyways, hope every ones weekend went well, and all the races were good! :) Have I told you lately that I love you all!

Remember to sign up for the Giveaway for the marathon pace band. Enter Here!! Wednesday will be a post with some recipes! :)

xoxo

18 comments:

Aron said...

i just got the CUTEST new nike shorts this weekend... dark purple, they werent even on the rack yet :) they have some super cute stuff out right now!

Marcy said...

Oooooooo I like those shorts! They're super cute. I'll have to check out the linky. Thanks chica!

joyRuN said...

I LOVE going to Target for my running clothes. Good deals to be had :)

Mojito Maven said...

yeah i can't wait until I am a good enough runner where I can actually justify buying these shorts haha!

runjen said...

Boo! I'm trying to order those shorts and there is no icon to click on to buy them or put them in the cart. Great find, though. I wonder if they are sold out?

Tutu B. said...

Those shorts are super cute! I have issues running in shorts, they tend to ride up in the middle of my thighs...maybe I need to lose some more weight? hehee.

Target is wonderful for running clothes, I buy a lot of things there!

Julianne said...

Oooh, that Target jacket looks verrrry cute!! Ok, I'm gonna hit up Target tonight (or maybe online?) to find this jacket!

Jenn said...

I love those purple shorts and what a sale!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute Target top. If I see something that I like and pass it up, I usually don't find it again! Can't wait for the recipe post!

J said...

Those shorts look nice - the target spandex are awesome for ppl like me in the cold temps lol!

Brooke Hughes said...

super cute! i think I might pick up some cute running gear for the fall season. Thanks also for the shout out to my pup walter, he is drugged but doing better!

Teacher Pursuits said...

I am the same way shopping... I eye it for a while and then if I am still "in love", I commit. ;) I need to get my butt to tarjay ASAP! THANKS!!

No Longer Using said...

yay! thanks for the clothes links, i am always looking for good deals, especially since i don't have very many real running clothes, just starting to accumulate things now :) and i gotta get ready for the winter, ahhh! i don't even have gloves. eek.

when/what were you a coach for?? that's awesome! and so exciting about moving, especially closer to work/boy= wahoo.

N.D. said...

Rest up those legs girl!! The berry collection is pretty. And it got soo cold here so fast. Enjoy the heat, before it is a big turn around!

Steve Stenzel said...

It's WARM there?!? Send some of that MY way!!

;)

P.O.M. said...

I think I have that Target one in pink. I wear the heck out of it in the fall. Maybe I should go get some more. My only prob is that I can never walk out of Target spending less than $100. ha ha.

LyndsAU said...

I found you through Mojito Maven! I am a new runner and thought I would check you out. I love your blog. I will be back :)

Billy said...

ok...I am officially hungry now!