Monday, December 1, 2008

Millions of Medals

The bike ride was wonderful and this week is so busy I'm already wondering how I'm going to fit in my runs. Since December started I'm officially back in 1/2 marathon training mode, which doesn't really change anything too drastically besides lengthening my long run. This weekend the 5k seems a little scary now, but I know it will be fun because I'm running it with my newly running cousin. She ran the turkey trot like a champ and is slowly getting hooked. :)

As for the girl I coached, she placed 9th at State in Division 5! I am so proud of her and her coach now and I are good friends and he said her race was incredible and for once she put it all out on the line. Amazing!

Anyways, the gift ideas are going to keep coming. How about all those race medals that seem to start collecting after a while. Some may want to leave their medals in a shoebox, but displaying some of your runner's proudest finishes is important. At Finger Lakes MedalCraft they have garnished up quite a way to display medals including personalized runner's hanging medal racks.

Photobucket
Photobucket
There are also other designs available upon request. You can get the runner's name personalized on the rack and also female and male runners, or female and male runners separately. I think it's a great way to show off just a few medals of importance to anyone. If you are a little wary about showing them off, hanging them in the closet with this hanger is another great option. The hanger is Plasma cut steel w/ a black textured finish and personalized with any name, team, coach, whatever you want on it. They are priced at $29.95, and are one of the most inexpensive medal displays I have found online. They look durable and also can hold many medals.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Tomorrow more running gifts will be showcased.
xoxo

19 comments:

joyRuN said...

SWEET medal rack! What a great idea - thanks :)

Amy said...

Wow! That's cool. I've never seen anything like that before...

But you know what I'd really love?? Ideas on what to do with race numbers. I'd love to display them somehow, but cant think of how.. unless I make a scrapbook or something.

Cool. Anyway, I love this Christmas list idea!

Marlene said...

I LOVE THAT! Your recommendations just keep getting better. I can't wait to see what else you come up with for us. :)

Mojito Maven said...

maybe someday i will actually run races where i need a medal rack :)

Marcy said...

Oooohhhh that's pretty darn cool! Although at this point in time I only have a few medals so I don't think I need one just yet. It would be nice to hang my kicks on though HAHA Seriously it would get them off the floor.

X-Country2 said...

Ooh, I'm already a few days behind on your Christmas gift list. Great ideas already!

Billy said...

That's so funny - I was JUST looking at these..

congrats on your gal!

J said...

Those look really cool! Great job to the girl you coached!! I am sure you will do fine in the 5k! 3.1 miles will go by so quick!

Denise said...

Another great idea, thanks!! My bedroom mirror is getting a little crowded.

P.O.M. said...

That's a great idea - I have a friend in mind for that!

BeachRunner said...

Nice rack. :)

Great job, Coach.

Steve Stenzel said...

DAMN IT!!! I was scrolling through your comments to see if anyone said "Nice Rack," and I JUST MISSED IT!!!

Oh well.

ECrunnergirl said...

That is such a great idea.....I love it!! I think that is an item to go on Santa's list. I just have nails in my walls for my medals :-}

Lily on the Road said...

Trust Steve and Beachy!!

Too funny, but seriously that is a great idea!! Oh and nice rack too!

Gawd those guys....LOL...

RunToTheFinish said...

wow what a neifty little idea!

I Love Your Whole Face said...

I am in love with the medal rack. I am so purchasing one!!

Laurel said...

Nice rack! Ha!

Seriously, those are adorable.

Ok, now I just can't not make his sound like a dirty joke.

Sarah Ring said...

This would be so great to have in your home gym or office - a great way to motivate yourself on a day when your down and out!

Unknown said...

Like your Medal rack!!