Saturday, December 13, 2008

Body Movin'

So I didn't understand the whole, "chafe" while you run thing up until I started to put in longer distances and now I know how horrible it is! I am a big fan of Body Glide and that is why it's also on my 26.2 Christmas list!

Photobucket


They have many different types of Body Glide, and I always opt for the Original Anti-Chafe Balm. It works really well against friction and moisture and feels dry to the touch. They also have an Anti-Chafe with SPF 25 which is great in summertime for a long run.


They have a newer liquefied powder. It claims to be the same as body glide sticks because it is a cream base that keeps friction at bay.

Photobucket


I also like the Warm FX Anti-Pain Balm because it stays in one place and is applied easily in the "stick" form as well. It's like a type of bengay.

You can find where to buy here, or here are some options:



Running Expo has the Anti-Chafing Stick for $4.95 (.45 oz) and $7.95 (1.3oz) they also have the Anti-Pain Stick here for the same prices as above.

Stop the chafe and keep on running!

xoxo

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never tried this, but my longest miles have been about 12 miles and thankfully no chafing, I think. Fingers crossed!

Denise said...

Thank goodness I don't have this issue. Even during the marathon, no problems! WHEW

Kelly said...

I know what you mean... in regards to not knowing what it means to chafe.

Maybe some day (when I can run further than 4 miles)...

littlesack said...

This stuff is AMAZING! I've also read that you can put it on your feet to prevent blisters---which makes sense and I think i'll try next time I break in some shoes. I'm jealous of everyone who doesn't know "the chafe."

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I could've used that for my blisters...

Oz Runner said...

I just got some body glide a couple weeks ago, but haven't used it yet...I was wishing after 7 miler today that I had....

Cindy said...

i'm a big fan of the stuff. chafing= no fun.

Anonymous said...

thats been one of my biggest dears about really runningrunning.

the chafe oh GOD the chafe.

is it REALLY as easily solved as the glide rubbage?

leslie said...

I just ran my first marathon, and I chafed under both of my arms, and it took almost a week to be able to wear anything other than a tank top. My new motto? Lube EVERYTHING!

BeachRunner said...

Thanks. I never knew they had different versions.

Marlene said...

For 2 hour+ runs, this stuff is my best friend.

Julianne said...

I friggin love Body Glide!!! I knew they had the SPF version but didn't know about their liquified one? Cool. Thank for sharing!