Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and to all a good night

So about the shoes, I've decided to return them and get the next biggest size, the 6.5. I ran about the house for a bit and it was just almost like they were good for maybe 5 minutes but after that they wouldn't last long distances. Anyways, last night we had a mini Christmas gift exchange between Mr. R and the fam because he left this morning to fly home. He got me a really cute pink nano armband, so I don't have to wear my old huge ipod armband when I'm out running. He said it was because he was embarrassed for me. It's even breast cancer awareness and has a really cute pink ribbon on the side and seems to be super well made with all the top fabrics. I can't wait to try it out. He also got me the movie StepBrothers, and big headphones for at work to listen to music, which everyone else has but me so I am glad I won't be left out anymore.

Photobucket

I would have to say though, the best gift was definitely the pink breast cancer awareness cupcake carrier shown above. I love making cupcakes, but never can take them anywhere and so they sit at home and get yucky. I have been lusting after this cupcake carrier for a while too. So last night, between drinking margaritas, wine, and champagne, there were some good times had, and I can't wait to see what Christmas brings!

This is going to be my last post for a while, after these 26.2 things I don't have much else to say! Just kidding, but I'll be posting once after Christmas and then will be back in full force around January 5th, so don't worry, I'll make a comeback!

Photobucket

Today's gift, and the final gift of 26.2 things to get a runner for Christmas is Dean Karnazes book, "UltraMarathon Man". I recently finished this book and it's inspiring and really a quick read. I enjoyed his stories and insight to running, and I felt like I was there with him, or with his family in the motor home cheering on Team Dean. It also really allowed me into the mind of an ultra runner. It was great to see his perspective on races and how he attacks them and never gives up. His spirit is contagious and his descriptions are dead on. It's a great read for any age and I highly recommend it. It's amazing what he does, and just reading about his races and training reminds me that my training isn't that hard at all.

You can find it here @ amazon.com for $13.57. Go out and pick up a copy and make it a resolution to read it in 2009!

Merry Christmas to all my readers, and friends. You all make my life so bright with cheer! I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and wonderful holidays. I get a whole week off work, I am so excited.

xoxo

28 comments:

Denise said...

Have a great holiday!

Kim said...

Thanks for all the great ideas. They were wonderful and appreciate the time you took for it.

Have a Merry Christmas. See ya on the flip side.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Felice Devine said...

Merry Christmas!
I loved that book, too.

J said...

Merry Christmas! I wish I could have all 26.2 things!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

sweet ideas dear!
Merry Christmas!!

Julianne said...

Merry Christmas!! Oh and I NEED those cupcake carriers!!! :-)

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas, Danica! Thanks for everything!
I think I'm going to buy that book for myself- it will be fun & inspiring to read during my recovery.

Have a wonderful Christmas :-)

cons said...

Merry Christmas Danica!

Billy said...

Oops - that was me.

X-Country2 said...

I think it's so great that you support breast cancer research like that. Thanks again for all these great gift idea. If I had some blog award, I'd totally give it to you.

Merry Christmas!

Aron said...

LOVE that book :) Merry Christmas!!!!

Marlene said...

Sounds like you scored some sweet gifts. I *love* that cupcake carrier.

Have a Merry Christmas!

E said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Heather Warren said...

loving the cupcake holder. have a very merry christmas...

Heather Warren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N.D. said...

Oh I really like that holder!!! and I got that book for my bff!

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the shoes! Merry Christmas!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you guys have a great day!

A Toronto girl out West said...

I recently discovered your blog and I have to say - I kind of heart it!

Thanks for all the inspiration - Merry Christmas! :o)

chia said...

You made out really well ;-). Great gifts! Merry Christmas!

joyRuN said...

Hope you had an awesome Christmas :) Sounds like awesome presents.

Janice {Run Far} said...

do you know where I can find me one of those cupcake holders? I want so bad.. it is super awesome.

d.a.r. said...

Merry Christmas!!! I got a cupcake holder last year, it is seriously awesome! Now I don't have to eat all 24 by myself :)

Marci said...

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year!

P.O.M. said...

Hope you had a great Christmas. I did a 10 miler on Saturday and looked for ya.

Tania said...

Hello, your blog name caught my eye off of one of my frequent reads. I love to run too and want to find more running blogs! I also had to comment on the cupcake holder...I have one just like it! I got mine a couple years ago at Target during Breast Cancer Awareness month, and let me tell you, I use it all the time (and not just for cupcakes...anything I bake)! I love Dave Karnazes, so I might have to look into that book!

Sarah Ring said...

MMM cupcakes!!