Friday, December 19, 2008

The Stick...

So lately I've been having lots of drama in my life and haven't been keeping up with my running. I have no motivation to do anything really. It's sad but true, but I also am hoping to get in a 7 to 8 miler this weekend, which will be a nice change of pace and get me right back on track for my 1/2 in February. Enough with that nonsense! Onto the gift of the day!

Today is such a pivotal gift and EVERY runner should own one, including myself, but alas, this is actually on my Christmas list as well. I have used one when I was running in high school and though painful, it works serious miracles.

Photobucket

Here's a rundown of "The Stick"... The Marathon Stick was specifically designed for long distance runners, or any runner for that matter, that would like to get any of the following benefits:
Increased flexibility
Extended endurance
Accelerated recovery time
Reduced muscle soreness, stiffness & pain
Prepares your muscle for rigors of activity
Flushes muscle from rigors of activity.

It's small enough to be taken everywhere, even on trips or running vacations.

You can get your very own "The Stick" here at TriSports.com for 29.99. Visit the official "The Stick" website HERE and choose your own stick.

You can even look super happy like him when using "The Stick"

Photobucket
Good luck to anyone racing this weekend! There arn't many races left in the '08 calendar year so make each race count. I am thinking about some running goals for 2009 and I'll share those with you soon.
xoxo

22 comments:

Aron said...

LOVE the stick... definitely a good present for runners :)

With Love from New Orleans said...

Aww I am here if you need a gchat... feel better!!! It is Friday!! We <3 you!!

XO

Felice Devine said...

The stick is THE BEST! I love it.

Julianne said...

I got the Stick for my brother in law last year for Xmas (he runs ultras and does Ironmans) and he LOVED it. I think I need one for myself!

Denise said...

Love the stick! Another great idea!

joyRuN said...

I should get the stick for the portability. It's not like I can jump on the foam roller at work or in the car.

Good luck with the drama. This time of year seems to heighten that :(

Steve Stenzel said...

Yeah, I think I need to get a stick...

Kelly said...

I'm not sure what that is... but I don't think I like it.

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I hope things start looking up soon :(

X-Country2 said...

I still have no idea what the stick even does, but I should probably get once since everyone else has one.

No Longer Using said...

i have never tried this!!!! i think i might need it for my calves tho they are ROCKS and knots. i am going to look into it, thanks Danica!

good luck getting things in order and running when/as much as you want to.

P.O.M. said...

I'm hoping to get an 8 or 10er in this weekend. NOt sure if it will be Sat or Sun. Probaly tomorrow.

E said...

Good luck on your long run this weekend. The stick is on my wishlist too!

Billy said...

Danica - hope whatever you're dealing with works itself out. Keep up with the running though - it's a great stress reliever!

And it's well-documented that I swear by The Stick. Every runner should get one!

Unknown said...

Not sure I could ever look THAT happy, maybe he fell asleep with a coathanger in his mouth?

But yes the stick is very good!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the stick. It is a great gift.

chia said...

Funny story actually...

When I went to the almighty Mecca of running (a.k.a. "The Running Store") the dude was like "ya, the stick works"

I'm like "I'm getting this pain in my arse when I run, do you think it will work that out?"

His response? "You might want to get a bigger stick if you're using that on your butt"

I think that brotha called me fat.

Not quite sure.

But yep.

You'll love it.

N.D. said...

I got the stick last year for christmas. It is nice, but I like hand massages by the husband better!

Laurel said...

The stick is awesome on the calves.

The Boring Runner said...

How does everyone actually use the stick? I've seen it at a lot of expos and it looks sort of gimicky.

Christopher, Amanda, and Babies said...

I LOVE the stick.

Combine the stick with trigger point and you will be in heaven!

Kick butt!

Bring it on. said...

I finally bought the stick last week at the Miami Marathon after seeing them at tons of expos. I really like it! i just wish i had a full time stick person so i didn't have to do it!