Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gift that keeps on..

Giving! This gift is all about those of us who have planned our race schedules and our loved ones know when our races are. The cost of entering some races can defiantly put a damper on registering, and by signing up a special someone for a race that you know they were looking into can motivate them and also help save them money. I would only do this though if you know they were going to run a certain race. If they usually run 5ks, don't take Christmas as a time to sign them up for a marathon in two months. That might be a little overwhelming!

Photobucket

You can sign up for most races on Active, or go to any given races specific website to sign them up. The costs for races can range from $20-$150 dollars. Another idea is that many bigger races have special dinners, or events that also cost money. The dinners are usually carb loading dinners before the race at a local pasta place. You can also purchase tickets for these online if you know your runner has already signed up for the race and they were interested in doing something like that.

Nothing too exciting besides that to report back to you, I'm going for a run tonight again and I am excited about this weekend because we are going out to Palm Springs for my cousins 30th birthday! I know it will be a nice scenery change to run out there. My back has been super stiff since the 5k so I'm trying to take it easy and not run too much so I can get in a really long run this weekend.

xoxo

PS LAST CHANCE TO GET 10% OFF THE GIFT OF SAFETY WITH THE ROAD ID!! GET MORE INFORMATION AND THE CODE HERE!

14 comments:

Liana said...

thats a good idea i dont think i ever thought about there being a cost!

No Longer Using said...

i love active.com!!!!!! i sign up for all my races here (except for one which is too small town to make the cut,..hehe). and i love how you can choose 3 magazines for 3 months for free!

sounds like a great weekend ahead :)

Anonymous said...

I never thought of that, good idea. Have fun in Palm Springs!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Neat idea!

Marlene said...

Great idea! I would LOVE to receive race registration as a gift.

BeachRunner said...

Hope your back feels better. Have fun in Palm Springs.

Cindy said...

palm springs! enjoy the sun...but you probably get a fair amount where you are too. well, have fun there!

Janice {Run Far} said...

have fun on your trip.

I need to some how figure a way to get my friends and family to read this post. I have so many races I want to run next year.

Julianne said...

Oh why didn't I think of that??? :-)

Denise said...

It is a great idea. The races definitely do add up!

Jenn said...

What a great idea! Definitely the gift of health. :)

Frayed Laces said...

Thats a great idea!

Allie said...

What a great idea! I am going to check that site out.

Sounds like a great weekend planned. Take it easy if that is what your body is telling you to do!

E said...

You know, that's an awesome idea! I never would have thought about giving a gift of a race fee. :)