Sunday, March 22, 2009

Adoption April!

So after so many great comments about learning more about my adoption and my complete willingness to share my story I've decided that I will take one day a week in the month of April to talk about my adoption. I'm going to call it Adoption April, and if you don't care about learning more about adoption or hearing my story and how I was adopted then you can just skip right over these posts! It will take place every Monday in April and I will also be adding in anything else that I wanted to cover in my normal posts as well. This is what I wanted to talk about:

1. Why I was adopted - this is when I will talk about why I was put up for adoption and how the process worked for my parents at the time.

2. Growing up adopted - this is when I will discuss how I felt growing up adopted and how my parents handled me being adopted and any questions I may have had and may still have regarding my adoption

3. My thoughts on adoption - this is where I will talk about how I think adoption shaped me as a person and how I think many people can benefit from adoption. I will also voice what I think about secrecy and how some people have reacted to me being adopted.

4. All about my Birth Parents - this is when I will talk about the few things I know about my birth parents, including if I want to meet them or not, why I do or don't and what I feel about them.

5. Q&A on Adoption - this is where any of you can ask any question you want about adoption. I have always been open to discussing anything that anyone wants to know and I would love to raise adoption awareness by allowing anyone to ask anything! Seriously if you guys have any questions feel free to email (danicakoo@gmail.com) me and I will address them on this day, or if you just want me to write you back personally let me know.

Can't wait to share more of my story with you guys.

xoxo

49 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

YAY I can't wait!!

Run Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing, I look forward to hearing your story :)

Niki said...

I look forward to hearing all about it!:)

J said...

That is such a good idea. I can't wait to read about it!

Christine said...

Thank goodness April is only a week away..I can barely wait! haha

Denise said...

This is really nice of you. I can't wait to read all about it.

Christina said...

Thank you for deciding to share your story. I look forward to reading about it.

Sarah said...

I'm excited to hear your story

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm so excited to hear this! Can't wait!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Awesome. Thanks for telling us about it. Looking forward to reading.

Billy said...

Next month should also be: "Danica runs yet another race with Billy...April".

Yours sounds better. But mine is better for you.

Nessa said...

..im looking forward to this actually!Thank you!

runjen said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to read all about it. I am super interested in adoption. My hubby and I have contemplated adoption someday ourselves.

Lucky in Love said...

So great of you to share your story! I found your blog at just the right time! :)

Mica said...

Whoa, that's really cool! Adopted April rocks! This might sound weird, but I always forget about US adoptions since the only adoptees I know are from Asia (including myself)!

I'm excited to hear about your story. Adoption stuff is always neat. :)

jlc said...

Awesome!!!! I'm so glad you're posting about this!!

Plus I think you'll become a HUGE inspiration out there for all others put in the same situation.

Alisa said...

I'm really excited about hearing about it.

Nicole said...

I'm so excited to learn about your adoption. What a neat way to share your story! :)

Emily said...

Cool. I have a friend that has been going through adoption troubles lately and my fiance's sister just adopted. It has been interesting to hear their stories and I'd love to hear yours!

I Run for Fun said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

loqi said...

This is great stuff, can't wait to read your posts next month.

Anonymous said...

I really look forward to your insight about adoption. It will be beneficial for me as MOrgan is adopted!

K said...

How brave of you to share your story. Can't wait to read more about your adoption.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I think it is a great ideal! Can't wait to hear your story!

The Cape House said...

Sounds awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to this!

X-Country2 said...

Can't wait!

Hopsy said...

This is going to be FABULOUS! I have always felt a calling to adopt and cannot wait for you to share your story! Thank you for doing with CR!!

Jo Lynn said...

Great! I'll see how familiar your story is to mine. I was adopted at six weeks old. ;)

Megan said...

I am SUPER pumped for Adoption April! :)

Marcy said...

Ooohhh cool! I'm glad that you're sharing this with us. I always feel like a nosey nose bag when it comes to stuff like this hehe.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read about it. My husband and I are thinking of adopting when we're ready to have kids, so I'd love to hear your story.

ShutUpandRun said...

Very interested in learning more. I am a social worker who does adoption work, so it is interesting to me to get your perspective.

kristen said...

What a cool idea. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Great idea! My parents adopted two sets of children (5 total) and then has three biological, so we had quite the large family :) I can't wait to read your story!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a good idea. Great way to learn some more about you!

Tara Gibson said...

I look forward to hearing your story!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow...I'm so excited to hear more!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I have always wanted to adopt - I am so looking forward to hearing your story :)

With Love from New Orleans said...

I seriously look forward to this post. Thanks for sharing!! XO

DietCokeStraightUp said...

This will be great!! Thanks for sharing your story!!

Aron said...

cant wait!!! awesome idea :)

Felice Devine said...

So great. I'm looking forward to reading your story!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited. My boyfriend is adopted and I am hoping to gain some insights!

Marci said...

I'm looking forward to reading your story. Thanks for sharing!

Janice {Run Far} said...

yay... can't wait to hear all about it.

Sarah said...

I love it - can't wait! My sister and brother are both adopted, so I'm interested to read your story too!

Tupalupa said...

I was adopted, too, and look forward to your view on it! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

oh can't wait!!

Lindsay said...

i am looking forward to these posts :) can't wait to hear all about it.