Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Koops for Council!

So as I said yesterday, I was going to a small election party with some family friends to support our close family friend, Dan Koops, as he ran for a seat on the city council for the city of Bellflower. Well the party was actually rather large and fun! They have the amazing and quite delicious Salazars of Bellflower cater and it was yummy. I could have possibly had two churros. Though it was a very close race, in the end Dan came out behind the first place by only 109 votes, and ahead of third place by 113 votes. He got the 2nd seat for city council. It was an exciting night, and of course I had to take some pictures.

Photobucket
Signs were on the front of every lawn in the neighborhood.
Photobucket
Watching the results trickling in.
Photobucket
My cousin Olie and I patiently awaiting the results.
Photobucket
Finally, after a close race, he won!
Photobucket
Congrats Dan and the whole Koops Family!

Tonight, luckily, it's a gym night for me. I say luckily because I woke up to the sound of rain outside. I don't run in the rain so I knew it was a good thing that tonight I'll be hanging out with some cool meatheads and some high schoolers at my local 24. I'll be doing the cable machine again and then some free weights and I continue on the 200 sit ups a day routine. When I do the sit ups I always put my feet under the couch and just go to town. It usually takes me around 6-10 minutes to finish all of them and I switch from going all the way up and down to doing some arm punches and also doing some quick ones that focus more on the lower abs. They always kill me every time I do them, but at the same time, once I get partially done I just focus on being done and not having to do them again until the next day. It really helps when you're dying and have 50 more to do.


Tomorrow I'll have some more deals and then also I'm going to post some of my music because there have been some requests for that. :)


xoxo

17 comments:

Run Sarah said...

Wow, 200 situps daily is impressive. Good idea with feet under the couch. In my swim team days we took turns holding each others legs and situps were much more effective!

Denise said...

I've been doing 100 sit ups almost daily but at least 5 times a week. I *think* I'm noticing some changes but it's hard to tell behind the flab. You'll have to let me know if 200 a day is the magic amount.

Amber said...

Congrats to your friend. I love running in the rain as long as it's a light, warm rain and not coming down too hard.

Marlene said...

Cute outfit! Congrats to Koops!

Enjoy the gym tonight. I am truly amazed by your 200 situps/day. Keep it up!

Aron said...

YAY! sounds like a fun night and congrats to your friend!!!!

awesome job on those situps, i need to start doing them every night like you!

Niki said...

Congrats to your friend!!

Good job on the 200 sit ups a day, I might start doing that myself!!

I don't like to run in the rain either but I do sometimes if it's not too cold. It's the wind that I really dread!!

With Love from New Orleans said...

You look gorgeous! Love the outfit.

Run Mommy said...

I am going to do 100 a day. 200 is a litttle more than my baby belly can take. :) (Post baby belly is very uncooperative).

Unknown said...

200?? Insane. But awesome. Congrats to Dan "the Man" Koops. Like he has never heard that before.

kristen said...

200 sits ups...good girl. That's so impressive. I shudder at the idea.

Sarah Ring said...

Mazel tov Mister Koops!! :)

Alisa said...

I need to work on an ab routine!

You'll be ready to go for Hawaii!

X-Country2 said...

I want to friend named Koops!

Way to get in another butt kick workout.

Anonymous said...

OK, I love your outfit!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and and reading for some inspiration for me to kickstart my own fitness regime! Yours is pretty impressive!! LOVE your outfit by the way!

Lindsay said...

way to stick with the ab work! i laughed at your "it really helps when you are dying and have 50 more to do". know the pain! but it feels sooo good too!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I think I need to start your 200 sit ups a day routine.... the belly is not what I would like it to be.....