Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Deals and spreading the love.

I found this via my twitter this morning and had to post about it. I have come to realize that the blogging community is very tight knit, along with the running community, that's why I wanted to share this link with you guys. Athletes for a Cure . Michael's 10 year old daughter, Winter is a triathlete who competed in her father's honor when he was diagnosed with rare and aggressive form of prostate cancer. It was on their site this morning that it was stated, "It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Michael Vinecki this morning at 8:55am. He leaves behind wife Dawn and his four children Yukon (12), Winter (10), Magnum (8) and Ruger (6). " You can leave a note of encouragement and love On their guestbook.

On another note, here's some Thursday running deals.

Women
Nike+ 3.5 Shorts -Normally $41.99, Now $19.99
Asics Run Core Women's Top - Normally $24.99, Now $17.99
Nike Strong And Strappy Dri Fit Tank - Normally $40, Now $23
Nautilus Low-Rise Shorts - Normally $30, Now $12.93

Men
Nike Dri-Fit Short Sleeve Top - Normally $35, Now $14 (only xl)
Nike Tank - Normally $25, Now $15
Nike Short Sleeve Training Top - Normally $30, Now $17
Nike Dri Fit Race Day Shorts - Normally $40, Now $19
Brooks Element Running Shorts - Normally $35, Now $21

Misc.
North Face Hydration Belt - Normally $29, Now $12

Last night my cousin couldn't take her personal training session so I shared it when her sister. We worked a few things, mostly focusing on some new exercises I hadn't done before which was fun. She also showed us how to use a few machines which was good for me. Usually I stay away from the machines besides the row and lat pull and stick with free weights. It was a fun and different experience. I ran two miles, and was still incredibly sore so I started out really slow on the treadmill and built up my speed slowly so my quads wouldn't burn. It was a good work out. I topped it off with not 200 sit ups, but 300. I wanted to feel more burn and I got just what I asked for. I have continued to implement 20 push ups daily but I also think that I am going to up that to 50. I can definitely tell those are making a difference in my arms and back.

Tonight I am hoping to hit up the gym again and get some different muscles worked. Along with my sit ups and push ups. Hopefully I'll be able to be on the treadmill for more than 20 minutes too!

xoxo

26 comments:

Stuart said...

First!

Stuart said...

Nice post on Winter; she is pure inspiration!

Alisa said...

I learned a lot of good tips from my personal trainer when I had one. If I could afford it again I totally would! I didn't lose a lot of weight but I was definitely toned.

Great job feeling the burn of the abs! 300...you're a rock star.

X-Country2 said...

Can I claim 100 of your situps as my own?

Tara Gibson said...

ok.. what is twitter? some of my friends invited me to that and I am so confused on what it is : ) haha

Denise said...

More than 200 sit ups...I hope you took a before and after picture. You'll need to let us know if it's worth all the burn!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your workouts are going pretty well. I am hoping my legs are well enough to run tonight!

Marlene said...

300 situps? 50 pushups?! You're a machine!

LyndsAU said...

so sad!! what a great little girl!!

Niki said...

You go girl! 300 situps and 50 pushups!!

Marcy said...

Ohhhhh speaking of dealys (my sister gave me the linky not that long ago. And I'm sure you probably already have it but whatev I'm telling ya anyhoo) have you scooped out ruelala.com? It's good shiz (this week they have Lucky, Dolce, Betsy Johnson) for mucho cheaper. The sales are only good for a day or 2 so you have to be up on it FAST to get the good stuff.

Billy said...

You're making me feel lazy. Stop it.

Mrs. Realife said...

Great deals!! I'm looking for some new workout clothes... I always get that way when spring is upon us! We'll see if they get used! LOL

Christine said...

I LOVE having a personal trainer. Its great esp once a week to go and not have to think about your workout. You can show up..and they do the mental work.

Love me sum dealz! haha

aNd! said...

Thanks for posting the link. This little girl is amazing and will only go on and continue to amazing things. I ran the Iron Girl 10 miler in Tempe and remember them announcing her at the race. She ran the 10 miler on her 10th birthday! My thought and prayers are with her and her family.

Team Clancy said...

Bless you for doing 300 sit ups. My abs hurt for you!

Run Sarah said...

Wow, Winter is truly an inspiration. Thanks for posting :)

Nicole said...

holy hell thats alot of pushups and situps! way to go!

RunToTheFinish said...

woah baby 300!!

Aron said...

another awesome workout!!! loving the abs and push ups :)

mrjwhit~ said...

Great job. Thanks for sharing all the deals you found.

Anonymous said...

I just watched the Winter video and Bawled my eyes out!! Its so touching and truly and inspiration!

The Laminator said...

300 situps...hmmm...that's marathon training worthy...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and decided to check it out.

I'm currently doing the 100 pushup and 200 situp challenge that is being promoted online. LOL. That's about it for me getting in shape.

A little at a time I keep telling myself.

Cool blog.

N.D. said...

that is really sad :(

fun to get the ttraining session, sweettt!

Brooke said...

You are so good with your sit-ups and push ups. I'm inspired, and someday, I'll actually do mine...