Monday, March 23, 2009

So I have a new lover...

Photobucket
So I completely love Mr. R, even when I ruin pictures with him and he ruins pictures with me. He's always making me laugh and makes me a much better person just being around him. He also likes to point out EVERY SINGLE ONE of my super blond moments and even explains the jokes to me that I don't understand. Now that is love. Don't worry, Mr. R knows about my new lover as well. He thinks he's kind of lame, but he is glad that I am happy and can track my workouts better now.


He even was there when he helped me name little Claude and has seen Claude's intense tracking power. Let me tell you, Claude is amazing. I will post a complete review hopefully by Friday because by then hopefully I will have been able to upload the workouts online.


This weekend was my first long run with Claude and thought I only went 15.5 miles, instead of my full 16, it was great to have him along and I felt like the tracking was much more precise and it was nice to see so much about my workout located on the little screen.


My long run was done on Saturday this week because I knew it was going to rain on Sunday and I don't run in the rain. Everything was going great, I was hydrated well, had some delicious shot blox and did my first 7 miles with an average 8:55 pace. I stopped at mile 8 back at my house for about five minutes, went to the bathroom, got some more shot blox and took off again. About mile 14 I started to sputter around. I continued on the stretch home but I got really weird cramps in my back right by the back of my ribs. It was strange but my last mile I think I averaged about a 10 minute mile and I was hurting. I came home did my sit ups and push ups and then showered up. It was a good run and for not running very long runs consistently, I'm glad I got that one out of the way. I totally forgot I have a 1/2 marathon this weekend in Paso Robles. It should be fun and I feel prepared for it.


Mr. R and I went shopping and then we went to church and watched Man Vs. Food, one of my new favorites shows on the travel channel. Yesterday one of his friends randomly invited us with him to the Ducks Hockey Game and they won 6-2! There were not very many fights , but the seats were about 10 rows back from the ice so that was exciting. We also saw the movie, "I love you, Man" and it was hilarious! I really recommend it. I love Jason Segal. He's so hilarious in all movies he does, I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall too. I am not the biggest Jamie Pressly fan either, but I loved her in the movie as well.


Yesterday was a scheduled rest day for me and tonight I'll be doing an easy 5 miler with my lover Claude. I can't wait to post a full review for you guys. I was very skeptical as to what the Garmin actually did, and now that I have one I completely understand the common, "You'll never run without it," and the, "You'll wonder what you did before it" comments I was getting before.


I am also excited to share about my adoption in the month on April. I'm glad so many of you are interested in it, or at least my side of the story. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!


xoxo

40 comments:

Billy said...

Careful how you use the term "lover" with Claude. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but after seeing this - nothing's out of bounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HSukaXdT8

Glad you're enjoying your new buddy though. Garmin's are pretty great.

Lucky in Love said...

Can't wait to hear about your new toy!!

Girl...I have a feeling you are going to be an inspiration to me. I just started running (yep...last week!) and I'm lucky if I can run 1 mile let alone 16! I'm keeping at it though :)

Jogger said...

I got my Garmin like 3 days before you got yours, and I am totally loving mine as well. Yesterday after my 8 miler, I even wore it into the organic market to shop. hahaha...I'm really in love. =)

X-Country2 said...

Damn you and your peer pressure! I could justify the $13.99 hat phone, but I don't think I can read about you love for the Garmin without reeeeeally wanting one.

J said...

Now I am wondering what I am missing since I dont have a Garmin. Can you see me sprinting on the track with a Garmin instead of my watch. Might not be such a good idea lol but i can see it being helpful for the long runs!

Have a great 5 miler tonight!!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I have been thinking about getting a Garmin, and am excited for your review!!!

Amber said...

I want a garmin!! A little out of my price range right now, but I think it'll go on the Christmas list.

My run is not long at all compared to yours, I only did 8 miles on Sunday but I HAD to stop at my house after the first 2 loops (5.5 miles) and go to the bathroom. I wasn't sure if it was weird or not but I would have never made the last 2.5 miles without peeing my pants! Even though your run was WAY longer I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who takes a pit stop!

Christine said...

Oh yes! Garmins change your life...for the good of course. Just wait till you run a race with it! It changes your races BIG time!

Aron said...

great job on the long run!!!! yay for a great relationship with claude so far :)

ohhh paso! i wish i was going to be down there this weekend (that area is home)... have a great race!

Denise said...

Cute couple!!

Glad you're enjoying it. I love mine, too.

Run Sarah said...

Reading about you and Claude's relationship makes me wants a Garmin even more. Glad he's being good to ya!

Alisa said...

I love reading about your relationship with Claude! It's fantastic.

Glad you remembered your race =).

15.5 miles is far...a few less than perfect long runs is what training is all about. It's getting through those that will help you finish the marathon strong.

Marcy said...

Do you fart and go poo in front of him? (Not Claude because that will be a given one of these days but Mr R!) That is real love right there :P

Anonymous said...

I soooo want a Garmin. I stare at them in the store and hubs quietly ignores me, then says "Maybe one day..." no now! Oh well.

P.s. love the picture, the look on your face cracks me up.

Marci said...

Glad you are lovin Claude!

The Laminator said...

Can't wait to hear all the details of your new love. Seriously, he's going to make you faster, run longer, more confident and in the process transform you into a super runner. In other words, he's going to ROCK YOUR WORLD...

Just saying! Haha!

Marlene said...

Nice job on the long run! So glad you and your new lover are getting along well. :)

runjen said...

I got my Garmin around Christmas and I am OOOOOOOOOBSESSED!!!!!!! I can't get enough. I totally know where you are coming from.

Nicole said...

Brian and i watched man vs. food this weekend too! That guy is soo funny!

Rainmaker said...

Wow, you really took your Garmin love to a whole new level!

chia said...

You'll get a kick out of this: Went to Whole Foods Market after my run Saturday to pick up the essentials (powdered acai, some spirulina, hemp protein powder, fricken hippy sauce)... got to the check out and the clerk looked at Garmy and inquired about its use. I told her it was my homing beacon to my mother ship. She was all "REALLY? Are you in the CIA or something?"

"Sorry ma'am, that's a matter of national security."

Seriously, people need to stop smoking pot in this city.

I'm getting that weird back thing too! It's like this stiff under rib thing that really hurts towards the end of my runs. It sure takes awhile to bend over or sit down after that kicks in. Any ideas on what it might be? I was just going to research that myself.

Hey, happy running chica! Can't wait for April -- sounds like you have a lot of great posts coming up.

kristen said...

It's so exciting starting a new relationship. When I first met my garmie I was overwhelmed by his capabilities, and of course I wonder how I ever lived without him. He makes me run faster knowing the stats are going to be posted on line.

I'm glad your enjoying it. And how the heck does someone forget about a half marathon? Crazy girl!

jlc said...

Omg laughing hysterical for 2o seconds right after I opened your page!! Love that pic!!



And 18 days?!?!?! Girlllll you need to post some countdowns on here!!

joyRuN said...

Glad to hear that Claude has treated you well!

Oz Runner said...

hilarious picture...i ruin lots of pictures for my wife like that...and great job on the long run

Glenn Jones said...

Ha ha! Wait till the first time Claude sputters and breaks on you! I honestly don't know what I would do without mine. The BEST piece of technology. Ever.

Kristin Miller said...

Here's a Q for you: After my long runs (10 miles +) I've been getting heel pains like major. I'm changing shoes this week (Mine are 8-10 mo's old, been in 2 races). Still hurts two days later, hindering my continuation of training. Any thoughts? I've been icing it. Pedi helped but only for a day.

No Longer Using said...

way to go on the long run! haha and you have another half marathon this weekend!?!? you goooooo girl ... i want a garmin,... *sigh* heh. and can't wait to read along in adoption april! great idea!!!

Carmen said...

Hiii, I'm new to your blog, love it!

Vava said...

Nice! Glad you like the watch.

And it sounds like you are disappointed that there were no fights at the hockey game! Speaking as a Canadian hockey fan on this (most controversial issue) my take is this: it's a HOCKEY game! If you want to see fighting go to a boxing match, or that barbarian MMA stuff.

Anyway, off my soapbox now. Sorry! Glad you enjoyed the game and that the home team won!

rinusrunning said...

A good training week, you go's good.
Goodluck.
Rinus.
www.rinusrunning.punt.nl

P.O.M. said...

I knew you would fall in love with Claude.

Miss you too. As soon as I get in my new place and settled, let's plan something -a trail run maybe????

Missy said...

I saw somewhere where you commented about Boxer Rescue...I have two of the slobbering beasts and I lerve them more than anything!!!

Garmin, we have a love hate relationship...I hate it when he yells - YOU SUCK!

RunToTheFinish said...

oh claude, how wonderful you are. I can't wait until Flash and I can resume our little rendevous

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had fun scrolling through yours, reading some of your posts, and glancing at pictures!!

Nice to "Meet" you!

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to have a lover on the side? I don't think I could live without my Gary:)

Lindsay said...

15.5 is still awesome!! nice job :) i desperately need to get out and just run for a couple hours.

Cindy said...

do you love claude more than your snugglie (is that what the blankie thingy is called?)? :)

Girl in Carolina said...

That picture is a RIOT!!!!!

I can't wait to hear your adoption story! I may adopt someday, so I really want to hear all about what it was like for you.

RissyKay said...

I love Man vs Food! I had no idea anyone else watched it other than me and my boyfriend. It is so great!