Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And the Winner is!

Well according to the actual poll, Marvin won, except that is the name that I liked the least. Hermes came in second and then Thor and then Claude. So to decide the name yesterday while running I decided to call it all of the names and see which one it would 'locate the satellite on'. Well for some reason the little guy was having difficulties locating the satellites yesterday but finally landed on then when I was calling out Claude. By the way this whole shenanigan was Mr. R's idea. He said you need to call it so that it will know and come to it's master. Yup, we took it way too far. So now he is named Claude, since that is what the satellites responded too.

We ran four miles together and then I did my sit ups and push ups and we watched Biggest Loser. I didn't know I was running all these 'halfamarathons' as they were called on the show, I thought they were 'half marathons'. What do you guys think? I am glad the alliance is finally broken up. Watched my dose of American Idol too, I know, I stayed up super late! :) Does the show really have to continue on when Danny Gokey is on there? I mean, I'm not totally personally sold on him but why does there need to be a show when no one else compares to him?

I also don't think I explained myself well enough when I talked about how the Garmin hits on my wrist bone. It really has nothing to do with the strap and it doesn't need to be tighter, but I guess the shape of my wrist is too flat for Claude and it hits when running because it doesn't wrap around my wrist as it should. I did read that some of you wear it upside down and I tried this yesterday and it seemed to work well and didn't look like I had some huge watch on my wrist either, double bonus. I am going to try the sweatband out as well just to see if that works any better.

As for green beer?

Photobucket


This was my first official green beer. Yea doesn't look so green does it... Looks more like just a dirty gross beer, but don't worry it was the nectar of Coors Light.


Then during lunch we saw some other people getting SUPER green beers so we had to give it another try!
Photobucket


Now that is some green beer! Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Saint Patrick's Day. Tonight I'm going to the gym and going to do some core work, cross-training, and maybe jog for 2 miles on the treadmill. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get out of my warm, comfortable bed at 5:30 am and get in eight miles before work. We'll see in tomorrow morning's post, maybe I will find a gym freak of the week to share....


Some of you asked questions and complemented my nails in my post yesterday. Well they are fake, just without the white tip, and just the OPI black nailpolish, Black Onyx. Thanks for thinking they looked so great though. I have the awful habit of biting my nails so I got 'overlays' put on to try to help them not look so gnarly.


Also today I'm going to be filling out my March Madness Bracket! Any hints on that one? I know you all have your opinions! :)


xoxo

45 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Love how you picked out Claud's name! Ah...the BL 'halfamarathon'... What I couldn't get over was how many people were running laps...indoor...on a track! Seriously, how boring for 13.1 miles! I do feel sorry that the Blue Team keeps losing.

J said...

I filled out my bracket too! Except I havent been paying attention to the teams so yeah i am no help, i just guessed and hopefully all the higher seeds will win and there will be only a few upsets! lol

Unknown said...

That beer looks YUM! Congrats to you and Claud! You two will be very happy together!

Mojito Maven said...

Oh Claude....love it! Ours is named Midge...don't ask

Tasha said...

Claude is a very cute name for your new toy! Love it! I love Biggest Loser too and was so impressed that they actually completely half marathons! That show is so inspiring!

Billy said...

You're gonna love the Garmin Danica - congrats again.

Also...is it my imagination, or did you get a haircut?

Amy - the gazelle said...

It's a good name - and a good naming method! (I'm still sad about Hermes, but I'm sure I'll get over it.)

The only march madness brackets I care about are these: http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/2009/03/16/Fug_Madness_bracket_09.jpg

Denise said...

Love OPI!! and painting my nails. Can't wait till I'm done with the house renovations so I can have pretty nails again. Might be the only girly thing about me.

RunToTheFinish said...

I am considering wearing a sweat band under my garmin cause it hits my bone weird too.

I was annoyed when they would say I've got this "marathon" cause no..you have 13.1 miles, not a marathon

Anonymous said...

wow, that is some green beer!!! Glad your new "baby" now has a name :)

RunningLaur said...

the halfamarathon thing was bugging me too! When they just called it a marathon bugged me more, but I've come to realize that most people are just hopeless.

Running the whole thing on a track looked miserable, but at least they had support and pacers!

Unknown said...

The first two tops are from American Eagle!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

"The Nectar of Coors Light" might need to be the title of my to-be-written college memoirs. That is awesome.

Good luck with Claude!

Candice said...

Hilarious story about picking Claude's name. I didn't get to watch much of Biggest Loser, but I did watch American Idol. I LOVE Danny. his voice is really incredible. He could sing anything and I would love it!

X-Country2 said...

Love how you selected Claude. Perfect fit, I'd say.

Real or fake, I still love the nails. I'm not gutsy enough for onyx black, but I love a good dark navy. :o)

Lisa said...

Careful with wearing Claude on the inside of your wrist, if that's what I understood you to mean. It needs to be face up to connect with the satellites from what I understand.

Christine said...

Just when you think you have the Garmin wrist thing squared away..Youu'll have a tight shirt on or sweatshirt that smashes it down onto your wrist even more..and basically have to start over from square one again ha! Have fun with Claude..they are life savers :)

Anonymous said...

Claude! I like it. :)

That is some mega green beer. I was so sick yesterday... I missed all the good Irish festivities. So sad.

Running Through Life said...

I wish you and Claude many glorious runs together.

I did have beer yesterday but just the regular kind (no green).

Unknown said...

I like Claude. It looks like you had a good St. Patty's Day! Good luck getting up at 5:30 for a run, that's so hard to do.

Alisa said...

Claude...makes me think of this guy I liked in HS. His name was Claude, but he went by his middle name. =) There's my Claude story of the day!

I sometimes were G-205 with the face on the under side of my wrist...is that what you tried? I like that better AND it gives me less of a tan line =) (when I lived somewhere sunny of course). Priorities.

Green beer...yuck...JK. Such cute pics.

I wish I could stay up to watch BL and Idol...I'm a wimp...plus I LOVE DWTS which you can get on abc.com.

I am not sure I'll make it tomorrow morning either...I have 8 miles before work too...yikes! Maybe we can text each other as a wake up call..HAHAHA!

Niki said...

Great choice in the name!! Mine also rubs the bony part of my wrist raw. I just wear it higher on my arm, about an inch above my wrist and make it tight so it doesn't slip down. Works pretty well for me!! Love the green beer pics!!

Run Sarah said...

Claude is cute! I missed Biggest Loser this week, I need to try and find it online to watch.

No Longer Using said...

oklahoma and uconn and pitt are good options. of course syracuse is such a rally team they made history i hope they go far in the tournament. crazy that super green beer!!!

LyndsAU said...

Cute how you picked the name. I love it :)
Love the green beer. One of those can be for me :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Beer looks appetizing to me in any form, even gross green. I just did my brackets. No advice b/c I am clueless, but I have NC going all the way. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

What?!?! BEWBIES wasn't a winning choice?

Bootchez said...

I just laugh at the thought of you standing out in the street in front of your house yelling "Marvin! Hermes! Claude!" -- reminds me of repeating boys' names as you twist the stem out of an apple, and when the stem comes undone, THAT's gonna be your husband.

Aron said...

yayyy for claude and green beer!! :) love the story too, you are hilarious.

Ms. V. said...

You are too cute!!!

Biggest Loser running Half's at 13~~

Even I KNOW IT'S 13.1!!!

LOL

Marci said...

Claude is a fine name! That is one super green beer, cute pics!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love the name Claude!

Anonymous said...

The second beer looks much better! I need to finish up my bracket. I have UNC going all the way..but then again I work there.

Marcy said...

Yeah baby that's the name I picked. Hehe.

Ooohh Lordy the brackets. I have no idea. All I know is that Mr McG is annoying the shizzy out me with this college B-Ball insanity LOL

Felice Devine said...

Yay for Claude and green beer!!

Marlene said...

I also thought "halfamarathon" sounded pretty strange. I was impressed that almost everyone finished, though, even if it took them forever.

I read that Rara's track was one/tenth of a mile. Can you imagine running that many laps?!?

Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Since I watch college basketball religiously and have already entered in 4 pools I'll give you my two cents. Louiville could go all the way, but if Lawson is healthy then no one is going to stop UNC. He isnt playing today, which is fine, but he should be back and good to go for Sat. UConn is unhealthy and not looking good and Pitt is mostly hype because the come out of the Big East which is such a tough conference. Look for some sleeper teams in Villanova, Syracuse and Memphis.

Thats just my rambling opinion...(of course I also carry the bragging right of having won 2 pools 2 years in a row at my work!)

Nicole said...

Bahahaha i love that you decided to name it Claude by seeing what name 'he' answered to! You crack me up!

i'm no help at filling out a bracket. i plan on picking teams with my eyes closed... watch me win big! :)

BLC :o said...

You look too cute with your green beers! Xoxo-BLC

Tara Gibson said...

love how you chose the name!

you look super cute in the green beer pics : )

Girl in Carolina said...

Aww you are so cute!!! Happy Belated St. Pattys!!! Green beer, mmmm mmm good!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Green beer.. fun. I love your hair.... I am thinking about chopping mine.

Janice {Run Far} said...

My email is being rude and wont let me reply to your comment about my comment.

I was thinking you had long hair... I was so convinced you had chopped it. You should... it's cute....LOL-

Anniversary Moments said...

The naming of the Garmin -- interesting -- this I have never heard before -- I have named my bike, Dale, but not my Garmin -- maybe that is why he does not cooperate as much as he should, because he is nameless! I must rectify this -- but, how do you know if your Garmin is a he or she? I have a 405.

Lindsay said...

haha i love that you held the poll and then changed the rules. sounds like claude is the appropriate name and conveniently who i voted for!