Friday, March 6, 2009

Power Playlists

So when I run I usually listen to music. Lately I've had some requests for some playlits. I don't know why I got so many comments that I would love 80's so much because I was born halfway through the 80s! I get crap at work when 80s music comes on that I wasn't even alive yet to listen to certain songs. I do love the 80s though, but I am a gangster/r&bish lover as well. I don't endorse anything Even when at the gym I usually am jamming away and have been caught mouthing the words to songs before. Awkward. Anyways, here's a gathering of the songs that I listen to during workouts. I have divided them up into what I feel fit my workouts. There are 'descriptions' of the workouts next to the title of the 'play list'. If there is any funny story related to the song as well I put it in () on the side. Enjoy!

Photobucket


Slog running songs and Gym Songs - Doesn't really matter on these runs what comes on, as long as something is playing that doesn't make me want to stop. They can be much slower than normal. Usually anything above 7-8 miles. These are also the songs that come on when I am doing weighs or sit ups. Don't need to be SUPER upbeat but I like them to keep the workout going.


I'm in Miami B!tch by LMFAO
Crack a Bottle by Eminem
More than a Feeling by Boston
Turning Me On by Keri Hilson
Dead and Gone by Justin Timberlake
Suspicious Character by The Blood Arm
In this City by Iglu and Hartly
Single Ladies by Beyonce (whenever this song comes on I always want to bounce around)
Green Light by John Legend
Separate Ways (World's Apart) by Journey
I wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston
Love Story by Taylor Swift (I almost cry during this song. Very wierd)
Love Lockdown by Kayne West
So What by Pink
Rock Lobster by B-52s
Right Now by Akon
Don't Stop Believing by Journey
Anyway You Want It by Journey
Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups
Body On Me by Ashanti
Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park
Closer by Ne-Yo
Beat It by Michael Jackson
Lights by Journey (I am obsessed with this song)
Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft (This is my JAM! I literally have a shirt that says summer breeze across it because I love this song so much, they always play it at the most random places and I'm like, "My JAM!" ha ha)
You Got Me by One Block Radius
Wake It Up by E-40
Just Dance by Lady Gaga
Shut up and Let me Go by the Ting Tings
Ridin and Rollin by Snoop Dogg
This is How We Do by Biggie Smalls
What's your Fantasy by Ludacris ( I feel so bad listening to this song. It's so dirty. ha ha)
Beautiful by Snoop Dogg
Thriller by Michael Jackson
Southern Hospitality by Ludacris (Another straight gangster jam)
Girls kiss Girls by Pittsburgh Slim (This song is so wierd but it keeps me going)
Get Buck in Here by DJ Felli Fel
California Love by 2Pac
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
Forget about Dre by Dr. Dre (Straight old school)
Could you Be Loved Remix by Biggie Smalls
In Da Club by 50 Cent
Please Don't Leave Me by Pink
Potential Break Up Song by AJ and Ali
Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake
Day and Night By Kid Cudi


Fast Running songs -These need to be pretty upbeat or they aren't doing their job. I also like to use these for tempo runs. Usually anything below 7 miles.

Phonography by Britney Spears
Shattered Glass by Britney Spears
My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
Radar by Britney Spears
Heartless by Kayne West
Gimme More by Britney Spears
I Hate This Part by the Pussycat Dolls ( I love this song!)
I Don't Care by Fallout Boy
Take on Me (Extended Version) by A-ha
Whatever You Like by T.I
Womanizer by Britney Spears
Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilara
Don't Trust Me by 3oh!3
Krazy by Pitbull
Your Love by the Outfield ( I seriously want to dance around like a freak when this plays)
Disturbia by Rhianna
When I Grow Up by the Pussycat Dolls
Ayo Technology by 50 Cent
Black Mercedes by DJ Quik (This makes me want to have a black Mercedes so bad)
The Way You Are by Timberland (This is my all time going out song)
A-Punk by Vampire Weekend
Whine Up by Kat Deluna


POWER PLAY LIST - These runs are my fastest runs or the runs when I'm trying to hit specific times. These are also used for 5-10ks and when I run mile intervals. These songs are quick and upbeat and I love listening to them and they give me the kick that I need.


Poker Face by Lady Gaga (though new, this song has a great beat and keeps things moving)
If You Seek Amy by Britney Spears (dirty, but the beat is amazing
Higher by The Game
Right Round by Flo-Rida
Right Here by Brandy
Let it Rock by Lil' Wayne
World Hold On Remix

*If you have limewire or itunes, search for Victoria Secret Fashion Show remix. They are the BEST upbeat songs. There is one by The Killers that I absolutely love. They have like 5-6 songs and they are really good remixes.


I realize, there is a lot of Britney on there! Weird. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy. With such a strong response about the gym people I've seen, I will be starting the Fitness Freak of the Week, hopefully next week. Last night I did another 200 sit ups and 20 push ups. The 200 are getting easier and easier I think maybe I'll soon bump up the number slowly. Tomorrow I'm going to get in a nice little 5-6 miler before my race this weekend. This weekend I have the 25k (15 mile) trail run up in Malibu so look for a race report on Monday! I am excited for this race and all the people that will be there. Have a wonderful, running filled weekend!

xoxo

52 comments:

i. me. mine said...

I can't wait to download these songs! My current play list just isn't doing it for me!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the playlists! I think we have the same taste in music! I need some new songs on my iPod so I will be doing some downloading this weekend. My FAVORITE running song right now is "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa!

Alisa said...

We are like two peas in a pod chica! I am lovin' these playlists. Must go download new music this weekend.

I'm all about the mix of gansta and 80s! MY ALL time going out song is "Way I Are" too...LOVE IT!

Have you listened to "Fame" by Lady Gaga, I'm liking that one. Also, "Jai Ho" and "Millionaire" from SlumDog soundtrack are good..."millionaire" is a techno-y mix, no lyrics (which normally I don't like).

For 80s...I'm lovin' "Holding out for a Hero" on the Footloose Soundtrack and two of my all-time 80s faves are "Maniac" off Flashdance and "Hungry Like the Wolf" by DuranDruan.

We need to share tunes sometime!

Kelly said...

Your playlists look a lot like mine... a lot of 80s music too. Let It Rock has become my #1 fast-running song recently.

And it's okay about the 80s music because at least we lived at SOME point during that era. It's annoying with little high school kids bop around to a song from then.

Lindsay said...

you have awesome music taste! it sounds pretty much like mine. everyone at my work likes to tell me how they are old enough to be my parent/grandparent. ...real cool.

anyway i DO always bounce/"dance" around to single ladies. the beat just makes me.

Jogger said...

OH, you should totally make that into a down-loadable list! There are some great songs on there, and I'm always looking for new running music. I just copied the list into word and printed it so I can download them tonight when I get home! Thanks!!

Denise said...

That's a lot of songs. I don't think I know half that many!!

Christina said...

Thanks for the great play lists! I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Good luck on your run in Malibu!

Wearing Mascara said...

Thanks for the playlist! Love it :-)

bb said...

"Fame" by Lady Gaga is my JAM! In fact, I love that entire album!

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! Thanks for the music ideas. You're like me, you've got a very eclectic assortment out there. I just got an itunes gift card, so I'll give some of your choices a whirl.

Melanie said...

I have a ton of this same stuff. Awesome list! Good luck this weekend!

Marlene said...

Thanks for all the music suggestions. Time to update my playlist.

Have a great weekend and have fun on the trail!

Anonymous said...

oh how I love Britney and soon will be working towards her abs pre-break down! lol

Good luck at your race this weekend :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Such great songs! Thanks for new suggestions!

jlc said...

Shall do!!!


OMG I'm obsessed with all things 80's. Can I tell you I just reupdated my Sirius satellite service JUST so that I could listen to the 80's on 8.

And 90's on 9 of course. ;)


Have a great weekend!!

Amber said...

Thanks for the great list of new songs!

Unknown said...

I jam to a lot of those songs while I run too. Thanks tho... there are some I need to add!

RunToTheFinish said...

freak of the week, LOOOVE IT!

Unknown said...

great list - I mostly listen to FM radio (I know so old school).

chia said...

You have infected my iPod with Britney Spears action ;-). Love the suggestions, thank yoU!

Niki said...

Great list!! Will have to upload those soon!!

Oz Runner said...

one of my running playlists is just 80's music....love the Killers, some of there songs are great to run to....good list...have a great run/race this weekend.

Kristin Miller said...

I'm a new reader and LOVE your blog! Ok, Britney, COMPLETELY acceptable. Oops I Did it Again has the BEST music for running, especially "stronger". Also, I'm running my first 1/2 in April, your blog is totally inspiring. Gym Freak of the week sounds FABULOUS.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

JOURNEY!!! Separate Ways!!!! I love you!!!! Amazing!!!!

X-Country2 said...

DJ Danica in da house!

Christine said...

Love the songs!!I might download some of the ones I haven't heard of :) I love running to techno..download black rock blue waters...LOVEEEEE that song!

Run Sarah said...

Awesome list, I am going to download some new songs for my tempo run tonight. Thanks!

Wearing Mascara said...

I left you somethin' on my blog :-)

Shoshanah said...

What's your Fantasy by Ludacris and Forget about Dre by Dr. Dre so bring me back to high school.

And you had a lot of Britney on their but no my fav Britney song to work out too. Toxic. I love love love that song

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I have so many of these same songs! But I definitely can't wait to try some of the others!

kristen said...

Wow - very cool for you to post this. Looks like I have some new songs to get my hands on!

Aron said...

awesome i was just making my playlist for tomorrows run!!

good luck this weekend!!!

Natalie D said...

Oh wow - this is awesome! thank you! i need to revamp my playlist for my training and boston!

Leila said...

i LOVE this post! i have been in dire need for some new music. THANK YOU!!

Unknown said...

Love the playlists. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Kristen @ Savor the Small Things said...

Great songs - thanks for posting! I'm desperately in need of some new downloads!

Sassy Sarah said...

Ha, I was going to create a new playlist for my half-marathon tomorrow thanks for some good ideas!

Girl in Carolina said...

I've been dying for some new downloads...these are awesome!! Thank you!

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting this. It is great to have some new songs for my running playlist. :)

Hopsy said...

Thanks for sharing and motivating! Shattered Glass is my FAV Britney song and I feel the same way about Single Ladies!

Eunice K. said...

I've just added "i'm in miami" by LMFAO .. we have almost identical playlists! I post my ipod mixes weekly on my blog too. I suggest "universal mind control" by Common and pharrell - it's not that new but it's a good fast song.

Laurel said...

I LOVE Summer Breeze! It reminds me of hanging out at my friends house on Sunday afternoons when I was like, 21. We would always listen to it. It also reminds me of the movie Dazed and Confused.

And Your Love, by the Outfield, is one of my favorite running songs. I always play it twice when it comes on. It used to be my ringtone.

Ms. V. said...

It's funny, but I can't remember where the iMixes are! They used to have a pull down menu.

You helped me update my iPod!

runjen said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this! I have been dying for some new music! Great songs.

No Longer Using said...

love it, thank you!!!! i totally watched the v'secret fashion show!!!! "that's not my name..."! haha.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Happy Sunday! I tagged you and left something for you over on my blog. Check it out! :-)

Nicole said...

you seriously ROCK for making this list... ive been DIEING to find someone that knew some rockin tunes!

i was wondering if lately you have seen any adidas running tight capris? you are the awesome running bargin shopper and i figured if anyone knew where to find them you would. :) let me know!!!

Britni said...

Love this list. I'm going to have to try some of these songs out. I've already got a bunch of them, but I have been looking for some new stuff lately.

Marcy said...

Ohhh girl you so trashy with all that Brit. HAHA! Just kidding. I have all those songs as well :-X

Run Mommy said...

Great post! I am definitely scanning through to add some to my ipod. I need an update!

amy (metz) walker said...

I was just on another site where someone mentioned they had a new playlist courtesy of Chic Runner. I wondered who that was and then saw a comment from you on another blog and had to come check you out. I'm laughing at how many of the same songs we have...I'm not quite as avid of a runner as you, but I still love it and I run my own VO2 testing business. Best job ever!