Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

So this weekend my cousins, the Olies traveled up to Paso Robles where they have a lake house. We had a very fun filled weekend and prepared ourselves for the 5k and half marathon. I decided not to run the half marathon race morning because it was very cold and was going to be warmer when I finished. Sweating, coughing, sniffling and running didn't seem like they would help the fast track to recovery so I ended up running the 5k. That was interesting, you'll all get a good laugh tomorrow in the race report.

I am feeling a little bit better, slowly but surely with tons of Vitamin C, Emergen-C and sleep. We had a very relaxing time and I just wanted to post some pictures of our trip.

Photobucket

This was at race packet pick up. The course was out on a winery in town and it was very serene and gorgeous! Quite different than my normal running routes. Here we are gathered by a nice little lake right by the day spa where the race started.

Photobucket
Photobucket


We went to Chili's for lunch after packet pick up and then went to Target. We were pretty crazy this weekend. While we were eating lunch some guy was doing some tricep dips right outside where we were sitting. I decided to follow his lead after lunch and I called it extreme working out. Dang, my t-rex arms failed on those.

Photobucket


When we got back to the house, my uncle wanted us to 'split logs' because we were going to try out their new fire pit and make s'mores after dinner. He had this crazy machine to split logs.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Then we made some delicious s'mores! :)


It was a great weekend full of many laughs and some good and much needed relaxing. I can't wait to share the race report tomorrow. Turning around and running back to the start is an amazing way to start a race, it's like a salmon swimming upstream. I am taking at least one more day off from running because my throat burns like I just poured salt on an open wound when I breathe, so I think heavy breathing while running wouldn't be the best idea. Just working on getting better is enough to deal with. More to come on the race in the race report tomorrow!

xoxox

45 comments:

Alisa said...

Love the pictures! You ladies are gorgeous and your sunshine is gorgeous too!

Mmmmm smores!

I'm excited to read the race report. Salmon swimming upstream...mmm...sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I think I have those same shorts!! Old Navy maybe?

Unknown said...

A big YUM to the smores. And your hair looks really shiny in the pics:)

X-Country2 said...

You always look like you're having so much fun. :o)

Can't wait to read the report.

Amber said...

Great pictures! It looks so nice and sunny there :-)

Definitely rest up, it's better to run healthy than run sick and get sicker!!

No Longer Using said...

looks like fun! great photos:) it's soooooooo sunny! :) yay race report,... i'm ready to read it! hah. guess i will go entertain myself til tomorrow...

Marcy said...

Ohhh good you're still sick! LMAO JK! I am as well. Total suckage :-(

Are those your cozy WM sweats I see!!

kelsey said...

can't wait for the race report! hope you're feeling better!! :D

J.J. said...

looks like you had a great time! Can't wait for the race report tomorrow :)

Girl in Carolina said...

Girl, you are hilarious. I love your pics! Keep em coming!
I am trying (once again) to start running again. My legs are pretty strong and I could go further if it weren't for the whole "out of breath" problem. (aka need more conditioning!) How long before that gets better??? I guess I just need to keep at it, and every day do a little more than the day before. You are my hero!

PS again - check out Miley Cyrus (don't laugh)'s version of "Girls just wanna have fun" I think it's a fun medium paced song to run to!

Feel better!

Susan said...

It looks so sunny and happy there! Hope you're feeling better!

Jessica Bene said...

Great pics! Your hair looks gorgeous!!

joyRuN said...

Mmmm... smores!

Lucky in Love said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear how the race went :)

Denise said...

Looks like a fun time. Probably a smart idea not to run the race. Get better!

Lauren said...

aww what a fun weekend!!! Love the pictures :) your expressions are awesome.

Denise said...

Eeeek, we just left each other comments at the same exact time!

Runner Leana said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Hope you are feeling better, and looking forward to the race report.

J said...

yum I want some s'mores! The race must have been beautiful! I want some sun! I am sick of april showers! and its not even april!

Marlene said...

Looks like you had a great time with your cousins! So fun.

Can't wait to read your report!

Anonymous said...

Fun photos! Looks like you had a great weekend...mmmm to smores!

Tara Gibson said...

oh i wish it was that sunny here today! Love the pictures!!

Mojito Maven said...

looks like fantastic weekend. you look adorable as usual.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Can't wait to read your race report!

I had everything go wrong that could at my 5k on Saturday! Oh well!!

Love your pics! Looks like you guys had fun!

Sarah said...

thanks for sharing your pics with us they were great

Aron said...

looks like you had a great weekend :) cant wait for the race report!!!

Danielle J. said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend, indeed. I *heart* s'mores! Hope you feel better soon!

Niki said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a fun weekend! I hope you feel better soon!!

PS: Your hair is gorgeous and so shiny!!

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah for fun weekends!!!

I love everyone saying how shiny your hair is, it cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

yummy smores!!! sound slike you had a very fun weekend! glad you're starting to feel better..hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon :)

roxxy26 said...

Love the pics. Especially the one of you laughing. You are gorgeous!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty there. I love smore's. Hope the throat feels better.

c said...

That looks like an amazing place to have a race.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend ! =)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

What a fun weekend! Such cute pictures!

Lindsay said...

love the pics - your faces are funny, and cute of course! your smile is contagious!

jlc said...

Ummmm so I have major hair envy whenever I read your posts....

what's a girl to do?!

Marci said...

That looks like a fun weekend. Can't wait to read your race report!

Sharon said...

Looks like a faboosh weekend :-) Love all the pictures- everyone looks so happy!

Can't wait for the race report tomorrow!

Run For Life said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend despite the cold - feel better!!

kristen said...

You are adorable. And that hair....it's so shiny!

Great pics.

Marathon Maritza said...

Looks like a fun weekend! What gorgeous weather!

Can't wait for the race report!

rinusrunning said...

Nice pics and you have a fun weekend!.I wait for your race report!.
Rinus.
www.rinusrunning.punt.nl

Glenn Jones said...

Great pics Danica! Thanks. Looking forward to the RR.

The Shabby Princess said...

OMG, I'm from Paso Robles. How fun! I'm jealous that you got to run in my old town. It's so beautiful. Sorry that you lost the key--but, glad you found it. Hope you got to enjoy a little bit of Paso, it's fantastic!