Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And the winner is.....

...... Jamie of Food Junkie! :) Congrats to her, and thank you for everyone who entered! It was a great contest and I really do love these books. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a little bit of help in the food section.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of 306 entries, she took spots one AND two... go get yourself some lottery tickets girl!!

I went straight from home, where my meals were prepared for me, to cooking on my "own" in college, which included a lot of soups, macaroni and cheese, sandwiches and quesadillas. Now, being a complete 'grown up' I have come to realize how important food is and how many great meals there are out there that was super easy to make. It's a process but I am learning.

As for the Eat this Not that Books, I would buy the fast food one if you are constantly out and trying to find healthier choices for yourself. I would buy the supermarket survival guide if you eat in a lot and are buying a majority of your food at the market. I found both really helpful, because a lot of the time in the market if it says, "fat-free," or "low calorie" I automatically assume it's better for me, which is a lot of false advertising.

Tonight I'll be running seven miles at the park and then watching the biggest loser! I was going to run this morning but figured a little more rest for my sore knee couldn't hurt. Hope everyone has a great day! Don't forget to email me if you want to sign up for the Freakishly Flexible 5k Virtual Race!!! Earn yourself an extra cupcake this Valentines Day!

xoxo

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats to the winner. Thanks again for the contest. I think I may have to pick up one of those books.

Marcy said...

CONGRATS to the winner! Now I'm off to stalk you so I can sign up for this 5k ;-)

Nicole said...

Congrats to the winner! For sure grab some lotto tickets today! :)

I'm with marcy and on a mission to stalk you! I will find you on facebook too! :)

I'm such a fast food junkie i'll probably buy that book this week. I'm inbetween college/making my own food. I still live at home but my family is SO busy no one really has time. There for i eat fast food. HAHA I will get that book first and use it as my bible until i can get better!!!

:)

http://gokristen.wordpress.com said...

Trader Joe's is the BOMB for those I am not quiet an adult but I need to eat better meals...

Just have to learn how to make rice...and pasta...just the basics.

Steve Stenzel said...

...wearing mascara?...

;)

Janice {Run Far} said...

congrats to your winner. How fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Danica and to everyone for the congrats! can't wait to get the book. This is so something I need =)

Alisa said...

Well...congrats to the winner! I may have to go out and get the book myself. I've heard good things about it!

I think I'll be adding the virtual 5k into my 9 miles...maybe at the end to push myself, since I have to list a time =).

Denise said...

Fat free, schmat free...all that means is it's filled w/ a bunch of chemicals!!

Anyway, congrats to the winner!!

maria khoury said...

congrats to the winner! i think i'll pick up the book anyways. it sounds great.
i just started a blog today! and i mentioned you. check my little blog out - http://runrockroll.blogspot.com/
hopefully it will grow up into an awesome blog like yours!!

Marlene said...

Congrats to Jamie!

Enjoy your run tonight. I can't wait for TBL!

Eunice K. said...

Congrats to the winner - I'm gonna check the book out too. Thanks for hosting the contest, Danica - love your blog! I just started my blog too (i'm a dancer who is "new" to running)... If you don't mind doing a link exchange- I have you on my blog roll! :)

Girl in Carolina said...

Congrats!!!!

by the way, I am so jealous of you!! (in a good way) :) I wish I could get into running like that. I know I can, I just have to get some discipline! Do you usually run in the mornings? I wish I had a neighborhood with a lot of sidewalks to run on. Also, the treadmills at my gym are always full and plus they only give you 20 minutes at a time.

Sorry to ramble!! lol :)

Billy said...

Boo. :(

kristen said...

Cool giveaway. I saw these books the other day. They look pretty good. Have a good 7 miler.

Anonymous said...

Smart move with the extra rest. Hope the knee feels better.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

hope your run is good and congrats to the winner!

Laurel said...

Great contest. Congrats to the winner. I am totally going to check out the supermarket one.